Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colvin Signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They should have everyone under contract and ready for training camp in pretty short order.  That's a good thing!

Whats that make - 3 signed and 5 to go, right? 

Does being under contract mean they are expected to make the cut?  Or does it just mean we have 'rights' to them?

Quote:Does being under contract mean they are expected to make the cut?  Or does it just mean we have 'rights' to them?

rights, any draft pick signed can be cut before the 53. 
Quote:Whats that make - 3 signed and 5 to go, right? 
Correct.

Johnson

Bowanko

Colvin

Headslap
Quote:Whats that make - 3 signed and 5 to go, right? 

Colvin, Johnson, Bowanko signed.

Bortles, Lee, Robinson, Linder, Smith x 2 still unsigned. 
We seem to sign 1 player each day. Colvin is the player for Wednesday. Thursday I'm guessing it'll be one of the Smith's.
I'm betting Colvin is the future at RCB.
Quote:I'm betting Colvin is the future at RCB.

.....or at the very least, a solid nickel, much like Terry Cousins used to be. 
I like that Colvin will be pretty much rehabbing the whole season and watching from the sideline with coaches while Ball, Blackmon, McCray, and Harris fill out the other spots. He's in a good position.

3 down 6 to go

Quote:We seem to sign 1 player each day. Colvin is the player for Wednesday. Thursday I'm guessing it'll be one of the Smith's.

Oehser mentioned on the Jaguars.com LIVE show today that the goal is to try to get one signing done a day until they're done. 
Quote:Oehser mentioned on the Jaguars.com LIVE show today that the goal is to try to get one signing done a day until they're done.

We'll I was wrong and they just exceeded their goal. Chris Smith signs.
Quote:We'll I was wrong and they just exceeded their goal. Chris Smith signs.

2x championship.