Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Washington Post - Why the Jacksonville Jaguars Will Win at least 5 games next year (Interesting Stat)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy...this-year/

Read this article in The Washington Post, and found it pretty interesting.  

A whole extra win, huh? They really like to go out on a limb, huh? Wink 

It's basing a lot on one stat.

The Jaguars will be better on 3rd down when Bortles gets in the game. Having guys like Henne and Gabbert at QB is what makes teams perform that badly on 3rd down.

I do think the over is a pretty safe bet though. 

I see the Jags as a 6-7 win team right about now. 

I laughed at the comment about them playing the Redskins 5 times.  Very intelligent 2nd post comment about the importance of small market success.

Very interesting - thanks for posting.

I especially liked the comment: "They play the Redskins five times?"

I'm surprised the over/under for us is at 4.5.  If I had money to bet, I'd be betting heavily on the over.  No way we don't improve by more than that.  I think we have a decent shot at .500 this year.

Quote:I'm surprised the over/under for us is at 4.5.  If I had money to bet, I'd be betting heavily on the over.  No way we don't improve by more than that.  I think we have a decent shot at .500 this year.
Our defense is better and our offense is way better... How are we supposed to not improve by atleast one game? Silly Vegas.
I want to be 1-0.

I really do want to place a bet for the over.... I feel like its a safe bet and easy money.

Quote:I really do want to place a bet for the over.... I feel like its a safe bet and easy money.

Go ahead, just don't bet the ranch on it.  What if Caldwell gets hurt?
Quote:Our defense is better and our offense is way better... How are we supposed to not improve by atleast one game? Silly Vegas.
Well I hope are defense and offense is better but we don't know that for sure. Oline is still big question mark and MJD is gone. The defense is gonna be pretty young going forward with veterans like Clemons and Byrant with a lot to prove that they still have some left in tank. Go Jaguars.