Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Somehow this Vindicates Caldwell and Marrone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just one game but...Seeing this talent flash like this in the absence of Bradley. Wow. We even had a Fowler sighting. I think any doubt Caldwell was going to be here next year just went out the window. One more solid game will really give me hope that he is the right GM for this team.

And Marrone. I like his style. I didn't think he was the right guy but he sure made a serious case. One more outing like that and I'd be okay with him as HC going forward. Two games is a short sample size but he coaches with greed and confidence. Assuming he has this team doing well next game, Coughlin vs. Marrone. Tough choice. Its nice to have tough choices for HC.

As for bradley and Khan. Ouch. Bradley's tenure looks worse the better this team does without him. Kahn should've pulled the trigger weeks ago. Might've really seen what Marrone can do.

Quote:Just one game but...Seeing this talent flash like this in the absence of Bradley. Wow. We even had a Fowler sighting. I think any doubt Caldwell was going to be here next year just went out the window. One more solid game will really give me hope that he is the right GM for this team.

And Marrone. I like his style. I didn't think he was the right guy but he sure made a serious case. One more outing like that and I'd be okay with him as HC going forward. Two games is a short sample size but he coaches with greed and confidence. Assuming he has this team doing well next game, Coughlin vs. Marrone. Tough choice. Its nice to have tough choices for HC.

As for bradley and Khan. Ouch. Bradley's tenure looks worse the better this team does without him. Kahn should've pulled the trigger weeks ago. Might've really seen what Marrone can do.
(Emphasis added)

https://youtu.be/VVxYOQS6ggk?t=38s
I've been saying it all along.   This team has a lot of talent.   For the first time in years, talent is not the issue.  So I saw no reason to get rid of Caldwell. 

I've never really believed Caldwell was the problem, but I'll wait for next week and maybe a new coach before I completely vindicate him. 

Blake threw multiple spirals today.  Bullet passes even.  The players were actually smiling and pumped up after laying the wood on the D or making a play on O.  Bradley WAS the problem.  It's completely insane how removing 1 guy could change the team.

I think I'd like to see a full season with whoever the next coach is, and to see a full redemption season from Bortles (not just a single game from either) to find "vindication."

One game was fun but I'm not ready to rubber stamp anyone. 3-13 there's multi-layer of suck we have to root up.
Quote:I think I'd like to see a full season with whoever the next coach is, and to see a full redemption season from Bortles (not just a single game from either) to find "vindication."

Well it goes back to that head scratching owner we have

brilliant business man, but this guy is terrible at sports.. terrible

bradley should have never been here for past the bye week, let alone this season at all for that matter

now marrone has 2 games to show us what he has which is a horrible sample size