Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Fire and Ice"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That is the nickname Marqise Lee came up with for him and Allen Robinson as a receiving duo. Obviously a play on Thunder and Lightning.

I find that pretty interesting because it means to me that Lee at least shares a remote interest in the franchise's history. It's always nice to find a player that's so excited to be a part of your club that he takes it upon himself to read about former greats like Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell

It's like we drafted a Jaguars fan. I hope he can fill the shoes Justin Blackmon was destined to.

EDIT: http://jacksonville.com/sports/2014-05-1...on-already

Forgot to post the source, whoops

I still really really hope Blackmon comes back. Fire, Ice, Rock, and Wind.
Quote:I still really really hope Blackmon comes back. Fire, Ice, Rock, and Wind.

If Blackmon somehow gets back then it would more than likely be Firewater, Ice, Rock, Wind.
Quote:That is the nickname Marqise Lee came up with for him and Allen Robinson as a receiving duo. Obviously a play on Thunder and Lightning.

I find that pretty interesting because it means to me that Lee at least shares a remote interest in the franchise's history. It's always nice to find a player that's so excited to be a part of your club that he takes it upon himself to read about former greats like Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell

It's like we drafted a Jaguars fan. I hope he can fill the shoes Justin Blackmon was destined to.

How about he put more effort into becoming an NFL ready WR before giving himself a nickname equated to greatness. A little pretentious, quite frankly.
Quote:If Blackmon somehow gets back then it would more than likely be Firewater, Ice, Rock, Wind.

That is so wrong, but it feels so right.
Quote:How about he put more effort into becoming an NFL ready WR before giving himself a nickname equated to greatness. A little pretentious, quite frankly.
Well, I did say it was like we drafted a Jaguars fan.

And we here on the Jaguars.com message board are obsessed with nicknames.
Quote:That is the nickname Marqise Lee came up with for him and Allen Robinson as a receiving duo. Obviously a play on Thunder and Lightning.

It's clear the two are going to be paired together after watching practice yesterday. They were the focus of a lot of Jerry Sullivan's time on the field throughout.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them eventually having the same kind of production as Jimmy and Keenan in their heyday. They complement each other's skill set in a similar way.

Quote:How about he put more effort into becoming an NFL ready WR before giving himself a nickname equated to greatness. A little pretentious, quite frankly.

I hate the whole nickname thing personally. They are earned on the field. I thought the ham handed way Dempsey was inquiring with Bortles about what his nickname should be was ridiculous. It sounded like Bortles did too. He's trying to prepare himself for the NFL and he's got some hack in the media asking him if he prefers Bortle Combat to B2 Bomber.

I'm assuming Lee was asked about this, so I'll cut him some slack. I doubt he has any familiarity with the history of this team, or that it was a play off of thunder and lightning. It's just one of those clichéd nicknames for duos.
yeah. I hate nicknames. I especially hate those. Let these guys just go out there and produce instead of making it the second coming of captain planet.

Quote:yeah. I hate nicknames. I especially hate those. Let these guys just go out there and produce instead of making it the second coming of captain planet.

Well then don't participate. It's all in good fun.
Quote:I still really really hope Blackmon comes back. Fire, Ice, Rock, and Wind.

Dude, that's the Planeteers.
Quote:Dude, that's the Planeteers.

I was thinking half of Earth Wind and Fire

http://youtu.be/clsNfEWVJM8
A Team of Ice and Fire

Blake Baratheon 

Do you know much about Lee personally? Pretentious is not a word most would use to describe him. Lighten up a little maybe?
Quote:A Team of Ice and Fire

Was just about to make this reference.
I see it's a lotta get off my lawn guys in here lol. It's football, let the young boys play ball and have fun. I like fire & ice.
Quote:Do you know much about Lee personally? Pretentious is not a word most would use to describe him. Lighten up a little maybe?
exactly.
Pot Roast was the last great nickname.  I never really understood the Thunder & Lightning thing.  Why was Keenan called Thunder?  I could see Jimmy as Lightning, but Jimmy was also as physical as any WR in the league, including his teammate.

fire, ice, and fireball
Alblaquise Roborlee
Pages: 1 2 3