Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mariota: Fractured Fibula
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's a shame.  You never want to see a guy suffer such a serious injury, even if he is playing for a hated division rival.

It was clearly a serious injury when they went and got the air splints, the cart came on the field, and Mariota started punching the turf.  Those concerns were confirmed when they carted him right out to a waiting ambulance instead of going to the medical facilities in the stadium. 

I haven't seen the video yet, but I understand it's pretty ugly.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery, even though this is the stinking tacks QB we're talking about.

Quote:It's a shame.  You never want to see a guy suffer such a serious injury, even if he is playing for a hated division rival.

It was clearly a serious injury when they went and got the air splints, the cart came on the field, and Mariota started punching the turf.  Those concerns were confirmed when they carted him right out to a waiting ambulance instead of going to the medical facilities in the stadium. 

I haven't seen the video yet, but I understand it's pretty ugly.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery, even though this is the stinking tacks QB we're talking about.

I've seen much uglier tackles that didn't result in broken bones.

The video is on NFL.com along with the game highlights.

It seems when a lot of us said that Mariota was going to be plagued with leg injuries in his career we were correct.
That's a killer. I hate the tacks with a passion, but never want to see a dude go down like that. Hope he recovers well.
It was beautiful. Hopefully a career ender.

I hope the guy finds a new career and is happy and healthy, but he's a tack, and he deserved it.

Quote:I've seen much uglier tackles that didn't result in broken bones.

The video is on NFL.com along with the game highlights.

It seems when a lot of us said that Mariota was going to be plagued with leg injuries in his career we were correct.

You're a [BLEEP] moron.
It's a shame he's done for the year because the play he was injured on he could have avoided easily. It pretty much dooms their hope for success if they make the playoffs.

Regards................the Chiefjag

So my post gets deleted but the stupid post by seldomrite stays? He's still a moron.
I really didn't think it would end up being all that serious at first glance. Mariota seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. You never want to see that happen in a game...even if it is the tacks.
As I said in the game day thread, I don't ever want to wish an injury to a guy.

Buuuutttttt..... I love to see Tennessee suffer
Yea, I don't want to see someone suffer by getting hurt.

Seeing the ticky tack fans suffer because of someone getting hurt, on the other hand, is fair game and I loved every second of pain I saw in their faces.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Marita. That sucks about his leg, he really turned the corner this year.
seldomrite is soooo smart
Mariota looks kind of scrawny. Could he be injury prone similar to Teddy Bridgewater? Is he one bad sack from a career ender?

I like Marcus and look forward to potential entertaining Jags vs Titians games since both teams seem to be heading toward an upswing. What is the best case scenario for his return? Maybe week 5?

Quote:I like Marcus and look forward to potential entertaining Jags vs Titians games since both teams seem to be heading toward an upswing. What is the best case scenario for his return? Maybe week 5?

Best case? Week 1. Worst case? Week 1.

It's a fracture, he'll be back by week one easily.
Marcus Fibulota.
Quote:Marcus Fibulota.

Oh, snap!
Quote:Oh, snap!

Is that what he yelled when Sheldon Day tackled him?
Quote:Is that what he yelled when Sheldon Day tackled him?

That's what Sheldon Day yelled at him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:As I said in the game day thread, I don't ever want to wish an injury to a guy.

Buuuutttttt..... I love to see Tennessee suffer

I know what you mean. I felt terrible for Derek Carr, but watching Matt McGloin and Connor Cook under pressure was awesome.

I love seeing Jaguars fans feel bad for a good rival QB. Nobody should ever wish injury on any player and this is an extremely painful one.

Pages: 1 2 3