Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Props for bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After looking like a complete bum the last few weeks he had a really good game. Maybe he is salvageable
We finally won a game with him going over 300 yards.
Just sticking this video in here, though I'm guessing it's been seen already. https://twitter.com/GipsySafety/status/7...76/video/1

If Bortles can revert to last years throwing motion I don't his ship has entirely sailed.

He was a differnt player today.  I think a lot of people know their jobs are on the line.

Showing that he CAN do it. Was a pleasure to watch.

I hope he can keep going up.

It is going to be a very interesting off season.  The commentators when talking about Gus and Blake's relationship spent time on the "life coach" aspect of their relationship.  Then I read (can't remember where) discussions about Blake feeling too much pressure in 2016 to "save" Gus's job.

It is a big task for 2017 for the new coaches to get this guy's head right.  It is very obvious that Blake plays extremely tight under any kinda of mental load.  Somehow they have to get him to play care free.  I really hope with all the hits and previous line issues this guy can put it together.  Durability is a great attribute but doesn't mean much if you have QB Head Case playing instead of easy going guy.

Quote:After looking like a complete bum the last few weeks he had a really good game. Maybe he is salvageable

Hes looked like a bum most of the season not just a few weeks.
His decision making was even good, which has been attrociuos. What did Marrone say ya think? "Hey Blake, make good decisions out there"? Seem that whole he's been pressing thing has merit because he was cool as a cucumber. 

Quote:His decision making was even good, which has been attrociuos. What did Marrone say ya think? "Hey Blake, make good decisions out there"? Seem that whole he's been pressing thing has merit because he was cool as a cucumber. 

Big time merit to the guy was pressing narrative.  Across the line I saw a team that was having fun and playing football.  I didn't need the W in the win column but man did that sure feel good.
Quote:Big time merit to the guy was pressing narrative.  Across the line I saw a team that was having fun and playing football.  I didn't need the W in the win column but man did that sure feel good.
As happy as I was that we stomped the titans, and it actually came pretty easily, I was a bit annoyed that the team couldn't muster one darn game that looked like that? Crazy. At least we know we do in fact have real talent. Jerks. :yes:
A rob was moved around into the slot. Bortles said it allowed him to get off the line with a better release (lessened the press coverage).

It's not very alarming that AR struggles against press coverage. I think if qe rotate him around with Lee inside and out we can get great matchuPS all game. Then it allows the refs to call the game differently. I think the secondary effect will allow the benefit of doubt to side with the receiver when the corners do press tight on the x position.
Jaws thinks he can be good with good coaching but he definitely crapped the bed this year.  Jay Glazer says Coughlin isn't a fan so he might have to try to resurrect his career somewhere else if Coughlin gets hired. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ard-enough

Congrats to Bortles on playing a fine game against a long time rival. Too bad it didn't come until the 15th game in the season. Amazing how the team, particularly the offense... particularly the quarterback, can play so poorly nearly the whole season and then as soon as Gus Bradley is fired, they come out like gangbusters and shut the door on the tacks; particularly, the quarterback. 

There is no question in most minds that Gus was a part of the problem here... but he wasn't the whole problem. I think it's like what 'uncle dave' said; shame on you Blake Bortles if you were really capable of playing like this the whole time.

[Image: 1gom77.jpg]

Blake needs a coach who's going to be hard on him.

Not an arm-round-the-shoulder type of guy.

He'll be the player we want/expected next season, I'm sure.

I still think if they would have fired Gus earlier in the season we would have been playoff bound. Making a change like that can light a fire under players [BLEEP] and it definitely seemed like it did. We got good play out of Bortles and Robinson, who have both looked like complete garbage nearly all year so that's saying something. 

One game doesn't do much for me. I still bring in competition for next year if I'm the GM, regardless of how he plays next week. I hope he plays well against Indy and can become the QB we want him to be, but I won't forget how bad he was all season long.

Quote:One game doesn't do much for me. I still bring in competition for next year if I'm the GM, regardless of how he plays next week. I hope he plays well against Indy and can become the QB we want him to be, but I won't forget how bad he was all season long.

I absolutely agree with you. I'm not going to get ahead of myself because of one game, but I am pleased that he's proven that he CAN do it!
We'll see. We all know he has the ability to play well. It's just a matter as to whether or not he can consistently give us that performance or at least give us that performance a minimum of 8 - 10 times per year.

He's entering a contract year in 2017 and again, as it's been stated ample enough times around here by various posters. This is a very weak QB class coming into the NFL via draft and also the free agency market isn't that deep either. He'll have every chance to redeem and protect his job going into next Summer. 

Pages: 1 2