Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The team we expected to be
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bortles 300+ yards, no turnovers

ARob a beast again

Ramsey pick 6 (could have had 2 more INTs)

This is the team we thought we'd be. This is the team we CAN be moving forward. It's a shame it took this long for Gus to be let go, but at the very least, this win made the job here much more attractive. Bortles at the very least showed that he shouldn't be cast aside like some wanted.

Next year should be awesome.
Yannick, Fowler, and Day all get a sack.

Still need a RB.
Making the vacancy appealing
If we play like that in Indy I'd hire Marrone.
If Coughlin wants the job, honestly, it's his.
Quote:If Coughlin wants the job, honestly, it's his.

Coughlin upstairs, Marrone as HC.

The dream right now for me.
You've been around since 2005 right? I've been around since 1995. I know what Coughlin can do with talent.

Trust me on this one. Coughlin is the man around these parts.
It really is a shame we took so long to fire Bradley this season. I would love to have seen more then a 2 game resume from Marrone. Honestly it's looking like the arrow is pointing up.
Quote:You've been around since 2005 right? I've been around since 1995. I know what Coughlin can do with talent.

I'd love Coughlin back but I think him upstairs with Marrone downstairs would be great.
Quote:Coughlin upstairs, Marrone as HC.

It was one game. Relax.
Quote:You've been around since 2005 right? I've been around since 1995. I know what Coughlin can do with talent.

I wouldn't trust you, but you've been around since 1995 so you "obviously" know what you're talking about. Coughlin never showed what he can do with talent after his time in Jax right?

But yeah....I trust you on this one.
Just one game guys. Still, we beat the stinking tacks!
Quote:Yannick, Fowler, and Day all get a sack.

Still need a RB.

Agree. Ivory still has some tread on his tires but maybe not much.

A guy I really like is Hurd, formerly of Tennessee in round 3ish.
Quote:Agree. Ivory still has some tread on his tires but maybe not much.

A favorite of mine as well
Quote:Coughlin upstairs, Marrone as HC.

Same here. And keep hackett. He and Marrone work very well together.
Quote:It was one game. Relax.
if he beats Indy, i think he should get a chance to coach next year. Its not just this one fame. Its also what he did in Buff with a lot less talent
Quote:If we play like that in Indy I'd hire Marrone.

I think you are over estimating the influence Marrone had on this victory.
A good day for Caldwell as well. Shows Shad that he built a talented team to compete with the division's best.
Quote:Agree. Ivory still has some tread on his tires but maybe not much.

Ewww, not at all dude. From a physical standpoint he's not that fast, and has absolute bricks for hands. He hits really hard so maybe he could play fullback if he bulked up, but all that aside, go look up the story of how he quit on the team.

There were a few reports from before the fall where he was wanting to transfer but butch Jones promised him they would heavily increase his involvement in the offense, specifically adding much more runs for him from i-formation because he wasn't very well suited for those zone read runs as well as running those spread runs from shotgun. We'll all that never happened and he became increasingly petulant and upset and on a two separate occasions he didn't show up the whole week for practice and butch gave the team a chance to take a vote to let him back on the field, and then in the south Carolina game when their speedy running back got injured he flat out refused to come on the field, and it took dobbs screaming in his face to get him in the game. Apparently butch put the story out of him wanting to transfer instead of him quitting the team because a sense of [BLEEP] loyalty I guess. But nonetheless, I'd stay as far away from Hurd as humanly possible.
One win doesnt make marrone a good coach everyone take a deep breath and relax
Pages: 1 2