Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 4 picks in the top 93
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your expectations for starters from this bunch?

This year, I say 2.  Allen and Linder start from day one.  Lee and Bortles will work their way into the rotation, with Lee earning rotational minutes against Sanders.  I have a hard time seeing Sanders and Lee on the field at the same time.

Lee and Cecil start with Ace in the slot. Robinson gets rotated in whenever they feel he's needed. (Red Zone)

They're all talented, I'm sure there'll be a variety of ways to work them in on the O.

Quote:What are your expectations for starters from this bunch?

This year, I say 2.  Allen and Linder start from day one.  Lee and Bortles will work their way into the rotation, with Lee earning rotational minutes against Sanders.  I have a hard time seeing Sanders and Lee on the field at the same time.

The top 3 WRs are what I would consider starters, so I expect Lee and Robinson to both be considered starters, even if both of them aren't on the field for the first play of every game.

Linder will likely be a starter, and Bortles will probably win the starting job before the end of the season, so 4 starters.
i fully expect lee to get more playing time than robinson. 

regardless, lee and robinson should both see plenty of the field all season. even if neither is considered a starter.

but i would assume shorts, lee, sanders are the "starters"

edit: linder will probably start as well. 

Hurns and Lee with CSIII in the slot.

WRs are typically one of the positions that take the longest to adjust to the NFL. I'd expect Shorts and Sanders to be the primary snap getters until the halfway point at least.

Quote:Lee and Cecil start with Ace in the slot. Robinson gets rotated in whenever they feel he's needed. (Red Zone)

They're all talented, I'm sure there'll be a variety of ways to work them in on the O.

I'm not so sure. 

I like Sanders as a player and he will have the advantage of being in the offense for a year.

But I don't think he gets PT before Robinson.

I think Robinson will be the big, physical chain moving receiver, and because of that role, he'll be a starter if he is as advertised.  He complements Shorts and Lee perfectly.

Easily by midseason, barring injury or unforseen bust, Sanders goes to 4th.

Starters is starting to become an outdated way of thinking about this with the multitude of packages teams run these days.

When Blackmon was playing we used him out of the slot quite a bit, so I could see Robinson taking that role, with Shorts at X and Lee being the deep/clear out guy at Z. So when we play three wide I'd consider both the WRs starters.

I think Linder just flat out starts.

I think Telvin Smith will play OLB in the nickel package sooner rather than later -- or possibly they'll play a heavy nickel? Haven't we used that in the past?

Im a big Cecil fan but I think both Lee and Robinson are more talented. Maybe not this year but some time in Cecil's next deal hes not going to be on the field in 2 WR sets.