Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NY school board president resigns after referring to PTA member as "chubby wubby"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sounds like he's a real straight shooter.

Quote:<div>A New York school board president resigned after he was caught making fun of a parent in comments captured by a live microphone.

<div>“This one here, chubby wubby, she gets fatter and fatter at every meeting. She really does,” Cote is heard saying in a videotape of last month's meeting.

Resident Deena Bell heard the offending comments from last month’s public meeting and posted video of the event on YouTube.
</div>

</div>
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.1791047
That's ridiculous imo

Quote:That's ridiculous imo

Are you a chubby wubby?
Quote:Are you a chubby wubby?
Yes, and I have called others the same over my years.
Quote:That's ridiculous imo

Just curious. 

Ridiculous that he called someone "chubby wubby" or ridiculous he had to resign?
Quote:Just curious. 

Ridiculous that he called someone "chubby wubby" or ridiculous he had to resign?
That he had to resign. I should've made that clear in my op
She gets fatter and fatter every meeting.  Lol

I bet she's that annoying lady that is just a little bit too overly involved and the guy couldn't take it anymore.  Hilarious.

He should have taken weight measurements to substantiate his claims.

Quote:She gets fatter and fatter every meeting.  Lol

I bet she's that annoying lady that is just a little bit too overly involved and the guy couldn't take it anymore.  Hilarious.

Like I said, he sounds like a straight shooter.

My guess is her husband agrees with him.
The comments were uncalled for but did he really need to lose his job over it? 

I can see why he would lose his job over it.

As the Board President, the other Board members and those associated with them need to believe that their ideas and concerns are legitimate and will be given all the consideration that they are due. When a guy makes a comment like that, especially for the public to hear, his credibility and trustworthiness is pretty much shot. Who would want to approach the guy with a new idea or concern now? His usefulness as a leader is pretty much shot.

Hmmmm fair point.

Quote:I can see why he would lose his job over it.

As the Board President, the other Board members and those associated with them need to believe that their ideas and concerns are legitimate and will be given all the consideration that they are due. When a guy makes a comment like that, especially for the public to hear, his credibility and trustworthiness is pretty much shot. Who would want to approach the guy with a new idea or concern now? His usefulness as a leader is pretty much shot.
But that's the thing, it wasn't for the public to hear. It was at a point of the meeting where a break was occured and a mic was "hot". He was speaking to one or two other people. Have you ever talked about anyone behind closed doors, commented about someone under your breath? Have opinions of others? 
Quote:But that's the thing, it wasn't for the public to hear. It was at a point of the meeting where a break was occured and a mic was "hot". He was speaking to one or two other people. Have you ever talked about anyone behind closed doors, commented about someone under your breath? Have opinions of others? 

Sure have, and I've gotten a good, stern talking to about it so I don't do it any longer. I'm not justifying the firing of the guy, I just understand that when his comment that denigrates a board member is made public, there are going to be repercussions.
Quote:Sure have, and I've gotten a good, stern talking to about it so I don't do it any longer. I'm not justifying the firing of the guy, I just understand that when his comment that denigrates a board member is made public, there are going to be repercussions.
It wasn't a board member, it was a lady who had consistently come to meetings complaining. The guy is justified in thinking whatever he wants, right or wrong. Is the guy an idiot, sure, no question.
Quote:It wasn't a board member, it was a lady who had consistently come to meetings complaining.
The guy is justified in thinking whatever he wants, right or wrong. Is the guy an idiot, sure, no question.

Ah! I misunderstood. I went and read the article though to try and get the entire story. I stand by my previous comments though, once that phrase got put on YouTube dude needed to work on his resume.
Quote:Ah! I misunderstood. I went and read the article though to try and get the entire story. I stand by my previous comments though, once that phrase got put on YouTube dude needed to work on his resume.
So you said you've done something similar, would you say it should have costed you your job?
Quote:So you said you've done something similar, would you say it should have costed you your job?

Almost did. Then again, I wasn't in a leadership position where I was trusted to be the face and leader of an organization.
Quote:But that's the thing, it wasn't for the public to hear. It was at a point of the meeting where a break was occured and a mic was "hot". He was speaking to one or two other people. Have you ever talked about anyone behind closed doors, commented about someone under your breath? Have opinions of others? 

It doesn't help that he was the head of a newly formed diversity and sensitivity team that was created to deal with this type of behavior among students.  In that capacity, he should have known better than to utter anything that wasn't politically correct.

He did the right thing here by resigning.  Otherwise he'd look like a huge hypocrite.
Quote:Almost did. Then again, I wasn't in a leadership position where I was trusted to be the face and leader of an organization.
True. But is it not human nature to have opinions and feelings toward other people, right or wrong, however it may be?

Maybe it's a good thing there aren't more "hot mics" in the world. Lots of heads would roll I guess from folks being offended.
Pages: 1 2