Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: But Marrone was a bad OLine coach....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been calling for Doug to be interim since week 2 but because he was not seen as the best Oline coach, he was run out of the forum.

Stick with me, I will take you places.....
I really wish they would let Gus go after the Colts game. Probably would've been a completely different season.
Quote:I really wish they would let Gus go after the Colts game. Probably would've been a completely different season.

Yep, we would have win the division. Pretty handidly.

Just showed Khan in the booth...He had a decision to make.
Marrone is a great coach. Too bad he only gets 2 games to show what he can do
Quote:Marrone is a great coach. Too bad he only gets 2 games to show what he can do

I hope he sticks with us as OC or head coach.
I too was calling for Marrone to get a long look as interim HC. Now we can't be sure if this is a legit boost or just another Dan Campbell situation. Would be real nice for our HC search if we had a real sample size to evaluate Marrone...

Quote:Been calling for Doug to be interim since week 2 but because he was not seen as the best Oline coach, he was run out of the forum.

most of us wanted this to happen at the end of last year. Stick with us we will take you places
Marron seems to know what to do and how to do it. He seems hard enough on the players to achieve the expectations he desires. Today they responded well. I've never seen this squad so happy when they made plays today. They know who they are, but Gus' philosophy did not resignate or play to their strengths. Great win today.
Quote:most of us wanted this to happen at the end of last year. Stick with us we will take you places

They could have fired Gus after year 2...he was kept around far too long.
Let's slow down and see how the next game goes. Coaching changes during the season almost always spark one or two wins, but nothing sustainable.

Next week will be telling
I think most players seen Gus as a great friend, not a coach. It should why today
Quote:Let's slow down and see how the next game goes. Coaching changes during the season almost always spark one or two wins, but nothing sustainable.

Just let us enjoy this win right now.. God knows we needed it.
Quote:most of us wanted this to happen at the end of last year. Stick with us we will take you places

Not really... People dismissed him as HC because they didnt see him as a good OL coach. Common around here....even though he was already successful as a HC.
Quote:Marron seems to know what to do and how to do it. He seems hard enough on the players to achieve the expectations he desires. Today they responded well. I've never seen this squad so happy when they made plays today. They know who they are, but Gus' philosophy did not resignate or play to their strengths. Great win today.

That's what impressed me....a REAL NFL freaking coach.....and players inspired and winning!

They finished off a game like I've not seen in years.

Ramsey's pick six just destroyed the stinking tacks!

Love it!
Quote:Been calling for Doug to be interim since week 2 but because he was not seen as the best Oline coach, he was run out of the forum.

I mean I made a thread last year at the bye week that he should take over. 
Quote:Not really... People dismissed him as HC because they didnt see him as a good OL coach. Common around here....even though he was already successful as a HC.
there were a few people that said that yes. A lot seen what he did with the little talent he had in Buf.
Marrone sounded like a real nfl coach when being questioned going into halftime.

All business and what we needed to improve and clean up despite having a lead. No ice cream or sprinkle infused excuses.
Same Gameplan, Same Plays.  People please...

EDIT:  The players executed today like they have been taught all of their lives and i guess Marrone made that happen in 2 days.

You could literally feel a different vibe watching that football game. The players were ozzing confidence.