Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Football is fun again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Doug Marrone for HC?  He said he just wanted to get the team to play up to their talent level.  Today they did.  They beat a quality team.

This win is perfect. The look of Mularkeys dumb face. The fact that I had to watch that stupid pregame bit on CBS about how the Titans are the "hot team". Basically ruining the Titans season. Ramsey, the Tennessee native basically driving the nail in to seal it. All of it, it's beautiful.
I have to agree - this was fun to watch.  

Just wish they had canned Gus last year now.  We could have won the division. 

Quote:This win is perfect. The look of Mularkeys dumb face. The fact that I had to watch that stupid pregame bit on CBS about how the Titans are the "hot team". Basically ruining the Titans season. Ramsey, the Tennessee native basically driving the nail in to seal it. All of it, it's beautiful.

It really is beautiful. A Christmas miracle.
I think today was more about Bortles, and to be honest, I don't trust him to play like this consistently. He needs to do it again next week, then spend all off season studying the tape and working on whatever he did to be this successful.
Teach me how to dougie...

Doug may be what we need.
Quote:I think today was more about Bortles, and to be honest, I don't trust him to play like this consistently. He needs to do it again next week, then spend all off season studying the tape and working on whatever he did to be this successful.
The fundamental point to focus on here is that he's capable of playing this type of game. Don't focus on anything else.

It would have been easy and very telling for our guys to just pack it in and lose in typical #becausejaguars fashion but they didn't.

The key now is for whatever staff takes the reigns next to get this type of play, effort and execution to the point that it's sustainable and no longer an anomaly.
I wouldn't call the tacks a high quality team but this certainly was a high quality win. The Bortles and Ramsey TD's were the icing on the cake. 

Really liked Dougs presence on the field. He had command of the field, which is a weird thing to say, but he nailed it.

Quote:Doug Marrone for HC? He said he just wanted to get the team to play up to their talent level. Today they did. They beat a quality team.

I think the most intriguing thing about the prospect of a HC Marrone is the long standing relationship with the OC. They would be a package deal. Marrone amd Hackett know eachother well, evidentally.
I'm just glad I'm able smile and feel good for at least ONE week this season. I felt ZERO elation after our other wins this season.
Glad this came on Christmas. Now we can all look forward to Coughlin bringing a winning team back to Jacksonville next year.

I really shouldn't be this happy but I love that we just plunked the tittians
If Doug wins next week, I think you seriously have to consider keeping him. That would keep the continuity of most of the staff. I don't think we give enough credit to Wash but he really did a good job. It would also mean Blake doesn't have to go through another coordinator change. 

So glad we stunk up the rest of their year.
Marrone should us the talent we really have.

crossing fingers for next week.....but I like how Marrone's presence on the field showed, along with how he drove the team.

I'm impressed.

"You're up by 12, but I don't want to be up by 12. I want to be up by two touchdowns. I'm greedy."

-- #Jaguars HC Doug Marrone
Bortles looked night and day different.  I did see a few passes float in the 2nd half, but his accuracy was good today.  Did they use some different routes to get Robinson involved?  Maybe they did enough things different so that Tennessee couldn't key off the previous tendencies. 

Ramsey continues to be a beast and Fowler, Jr. may have found something to build on.  Todd Wash has the D playing well. 

Jags should beat Indy.

I can't believe we got this meaningless win to destroy our draft position. #becausejaguars
Our zer pro bowl team whipped the butts of their 6 member pro bowl team every which way.......
Pages: 1 2