Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake vs. Johnny on October 19?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could we have a rookie quarterback show down in late october? What are yhe chances both are starting and what outcome do you predict if it was to happen?
Nope.  Bortles will be on the bench.  Manziel will be putting on a show on the field.  Manziel will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. 

Doubt it happens.  Browns have already told Johnny he's going to be the backup.  Bortles might be starting by then though.

Bortles will see a lot of action in the Pre-Season. Probably won't even see the field after that until November, barring an injury to Henne...

Quote:Nope. Bortles will be on the bench. Manziel will be putting on a show on the field. Manziel will be playing with a chip on his shoulder.
What show dude wont have gordon to bail him out of trouble. Manziel will be an interception machine this year if he even last
Browns' owner has already told Manziel (why isn't this message coming from the coach?!) that he will be the backup, presumably to Hoyer. Bortles will likely still be on the pine as well.

Not gonna lie, I would be filled with glee if Hoyer, who, unlike another New England backup that's worshipped by some, has quietly been a decent player throughout his career goes out there and lights it up, Derek Anderson style.

Quote:Could we have a rookie quarterback show down in late october? What are yhe chances both are starting and what outcome do you predict if it was to happen?

You realize it's Pepe not Peppy, right?
Quote:Browns' owner has already told Manziel (why isn't this message coming from the coach?!) that he will be the backup, presumably to Hoyer. Bortles will likely still be on the pine as well.

Not gonna lie, I would be filled with glee if Hoyer, who, unlike another New England backup that's worshipped by some, has quietly been a decent player throughout his career goes out there and lights it up, Derek Anderson style.

Actually Haslam said that Pettine told Manziel he was the backup and not the starter.  He also said Manziel has been told this is Cleveland, not Hollywood.   Pretty funny that they have to say that to a rookie.  

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/05/12/nfl-dra...er-haslam/

Kind of makes me [even more] glad we didn't draft him. 

I can't say I see Bortles starting then, but I could see the browns starting Manziel by week 1 if he has a good pre season. I see the jags winning the game regardless, but it would be cool to see bortles lead the jags to a lop sided victory over the johnny browns.
A lot of things can happen between now and then.  It would certainly garner interest if both QBs were starting by then.  Manziel will probably have a package of plays to get him on the field to placate the fans, but for the most part, he'll be playing spectator.  The longer they can keep him on the sideline, the longer they can avoid having him exposed by players who aren't going to be as fooled by his running around.  They're bigger, faster and stronger.  Should be fun watching him try to run away from them though.

It'll be a hoot watching him throw it up for grabs.

Quote:Nope.  Bortles will be on the bench.  Manziel will be putting on a show on the field.  Manziel will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. 
With what weapons?

Jordan Cameron and who?
Bortles will be backup, and Manziel will be injured. 

Quote:With what weapons?

Jordan Cameron and who?
Exactly.  Odds are both will be on the bench, but it seems more likely that of the two, Bortles will probably wind up starting sooner, and Manziel will be more situational to start things out. 
It should would be to see both on the field. But its still too early, I believe Bortles will still be on the bench and unsure of Johnny still.

Defenses have a way of welcoming new high drafted Quarterbacks.

Hellllooooo.Johnny....welcome to the N....F....freakin' L.

WWWWWWWWWWhhhhHHHAAAAAAAAAAM.

If he plays early he'll be seriously worked over.

This ain't college Dororthy.

The battle of who holds the best clipboard will be epic.
If Manzier isn't starting, maybe they can trot him out in some gimmicky play where he lines up as a wide receiver.
Quote:If Manzier isn't starting, maybe they can trot him out in some gimmicky play where he lines up as a wide receiver.

I have a feeling that's exactly what he's going to be doing most of his rookie season. One gimmick after another.
I just don't get why so many people are so high on Manziel.  Sure the kid is a great athlete and loves football, but he looks like another Tim Tebow to me.  What he was able to do on a college football field does not necessarily translate to being able to do that on an NFL football field.

There is a reason why it was reported that Bortles was ranked at the top of so many team's draft boards.  Manziel was rated high in all of the mock drafts by the MEDIA, not by people that actually do this for a living.

Pages: 1 2