Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: UDRFA CB Rashaad Reynolds ( Oregon St. )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While searching for information a few minutes ago regarding NFL UDRFA's,  I noticed that the Jaguars apparently agreed to terms with Oregon St. CB Rashaad Reynolds.  

While I realize that Reynolds is on the short side for a CB,  I was shocked he wasn't drafted.   This is a player who was very productive for the Beavers and apparently has great intangibles.. 

In the mock draft I posted last week,  I had Reynolds going to the 49ers in Round 3,  with pick # 94.   I missed the boat big time in this case.   Many other CB's that have size limitations were drafted.   Why do you believe Reynolds wasn't drafted?   What are your expectations for him going into the post draft period and beyond?

Quote:While searching for information a few minutes ago regarding NFL UDRFA's,  I noticed that the Jaguars apparently agreed to terms with Oregon St. CB Rashaad Reynolds.  

While I realize that Reynolds is on the short side for a CB,  I was shocked he wasn't drafted.   This is a player who was very productive for the Beavers and apparently has great intangibles.. 

In the mock draft I posted last week,  I had Reynolds going to the 49ers in Round 3,  with pick # 94.   I missed the boat big time in this case.   Many other CB's that have size limitations were drafted.   Why do you believe Reynolds wasn't drafted?   What are your expectations for him going into the post draft period and beyond?

As I indicated in another post, Mayock had a 4th round grade on him, as did USAtoday and Rob Rang's NFLDraftscout.com

Seems to be great value in an UDFA signing.

Not sure why he dropped.
Weird i Mean he's an inch shorter than Aaron Colvin, and depending on wehre u look 10-15lbs heavier than him. Not sure the speed but maybe he had injury or off the field issues that caused him to drop

Hailing from Portland, OR & being a big beavers fan I love this signing. I don't know of any major injury concerns or off the field issues. I expect him to make the roster and contribute.

Really like the value of getting him in UDFA. He might be rated slightly less than Colvin, but it wasn't by much. 

6 INT his last season, too. 

Quote:As I indicated in another post, Mayock had a 4th round grade on him, as did USAtoday and Rob Rang's NFLDraftscout.com

Seems to be great value in an UDFA signing.

Not sure why he dropped.
It is phenomenal value in an UDFA signing, and one that might end up sticking around, at least as a special team guy to begin with.  He's a bit thin, but he was a guy rated as a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Gotta love that.
Good breakdown.  Like I said, the guy will have an opportunity to make this roster as a speacial teams weapon.  He'll be fun to watch in camp to see if he can make his presence known.

If the various analysts' assessments of him as a 4th round talent are true, and he performs to those evaluations, he could easily make this team.

Could guys like Will Blackmon and Alan Ball be short for this team with guys like Colvin and Reynolds?

What will this secondary look like as early as the second half of 2014?

Cyprien and Gratz will have a season and a half's worth of experience and more talent in front of them.

Maybe by the second half of the season, and almost certainly by 2015, Colvin may be a starter-as someone else suggested...maybe at FS.

The possibilities this offseason has presented are myriad.

Quote:If the various analysts' assessments of him as a 4th round talent are true, and he performs to those evaluations, he could easily make this team.

Could guys like Will Blackmon and Alan Ball be short for this team with guys like Colvin and Reynolds?

Cyprien and Gratz will have a season and a half's worth of experience and more talent in front of them.

Maybe by the second half of the season, and almost certainly by 2015, Colvin may be a starter-as someone else suggested...maybe at FS.

This was a team that went from huge holes to a lot of options.  This is going to be a fun team to follow through the various camps and into the preseason. 
Quote:If the various analysts' assessments of him as a 4th round talent are true, and he performs to those evaluations, he could easily make this team.

Ball is signed through this year. He was always a stop gap guy. I think he'll play out this year and it would not shock me if Colvin ends up taking that spot in 2015. I could also see Colvin at FS potentially. 

I would like to see Demetrius McCray even get a shot to start.

Reynolds looks like a nickel corner. Could be him or Mike Harris for that spot.
Look at the draft breakdown video of Marqise Lee against Oregon St. Reynolds plays him pretty well the whole game.
Its good to go from having to pick the scrap pile for starters to building DEPTH.