Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's pretty cool Bortles faced both Clowney and O'Brien in 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will be a great narrative over the next couple years. He encountered both in his 2013 campaign, upset O'Brien and came within 3 points of beating South Carolina as well.

Cool, nice fact. 

This shouldn't go unnoticed. Nice find.

His game against O'brien was one of his best games as well.

Against Clowney UCF severely altered the game plan to almost exclusively slants and short stuff.  

Don't forget he bear Bridgewater at Louisville in a come from behind victory.
He also beat Cyprien and FIU the year before.

And beat Manziel and Bridgewater at the combine, per Gus.

I was just thinking about the Clowney match up, But I forgot about O'Brien.
Quote:Don't forget he bear Bridgewater at Louisville in a come from behind victory.
i watched that game to see bridgewater last year because it was a mid week game iirc... tb was rumored to be our only target so i tuned in to see him only to watch them get worked by ucf... one of those games i half expected to see dominated by one team and it ended up being a very good game.
Quote:i watched that game to see bridgewater last year because it was a mid week game iirc... tb was rumored to be our only target so i tuned in to see him only to watch them get worked by ucf... one of those games i half expected to see dominated by one team and it ended up being a very good game.

I watched that game the same reasons...UCF just wouldn't go away. That was the night the whole "tank for Teddy" died for me. And true can't miss prospect should've taken care of business.
Quote:I watched that game the same reasons...UCF just wouldn't go away. That was the night the whole "tank for Teddy" died for me. And true can't miss prospect should've taken care of business.

Last player with the ball won.
Quote:I watched that game the same reasons...UCF just wouldn't go away. That was the night the whole "tank for Teddy" died for me. And true can't miss prospect should've taken care of business.
Teddy actually did his job but Bortles got the ball last and won it for them.

Obviously you didn't watch the game if that's the way you felt. Both guys played sharp, but UCF won because they had the ball last.
I hate to be the new guy and contrary, but UCF didn't do anything abnormal at all vs. USCe.  Hall had a long catch of 73, Perriman had a long catch of 79 and another 60 yarder was called back when a USCe defender was decleated and launched by a UCF WR.  358 yards on 25 passes is a avg of 14.3 per pass.  UCF was up 10-0 at half and got way too conservative in the 3rd. UCF was outscored 14-0 in the 3rd, but the other 3 quarters Blake shredded them (25-14 UCF those quarters).  The only person that ever stopped Blake was GOL

Yeah as a Penn State fan I recall the UCF game. Lots of talk leading up to that game because O'Brien came from the O'leary coaching tree. O'brien talked leading up to the game about how UCFs offense was hard to stratagize against. Had nothing but glowing remarks about bortles even before the game thats why every Penn State player and fan thought if OB went QB early it would be him. Knew going in that game was going to be 50/50 with our true freshmen QB. Hurt to loose by 3 wish it would of went a little longer I believe PSU outscored 14-3 in the 4th. Couldn't get it done though. Great game really left us with a positive opinion and respect for Bortles and UCF.

Good find.  Hopefully this translates to the pro game.

Passing: B. Bortles (UCF) - 358 YDS, 2 TD, 2 INT vs SoCal. 

Some pass rush! 

Quote:Obviously you didn't watch the game if that's the way you felt. Both guys played sharp, but UCF won because they had the ball last.

I agree...however you would expect #2 team in country to slap UCF around. I dont if UCF was on the national radar yet to really expect a shoot out type game. But yes I agree last team with the ball won
Quote:Yeah as a Penn State fan I recall the UCF game. Lots of talk leading up to that game because O'Brien came from the O'leary coaching tree. O'brien talked leading up to the game about how UCFs offense was hard to stratagize against. Had nothing but glowing remarks about bortles even before the game thats why every Penn State player and fan thought if OB went QB early it would be him. Knew going in that game was going to be 50/50 with our true freshmen QB. Hurt to loose by 3 wish it would of went a little longer I believe PSU outscored 14-3 in the 4th. Couldn't get it done though. Great game really left us with a positive opinion and respect for Bortles and UCF.

And Allen Robinson had 9 catches for 143 yards and 1 TD in that game.  
Quote:I agree...however you would expect #2 team in country to slap UCF around. I dont if UCF was on the national radar yet to really expect a shoot out type game. But yes I agree last team with the ball won

UCF was proven to be the better team. They were a possession away from having a pretty good argument for being in the national championship game.
Pages: 1 2