Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Predict the 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that were post draft, I think it's time we start to examine the 53 man roster and who will find themselves where! For fun I've identified each of the GM's responsible for each players acquisition to get a better breakdown of where our roster currently stands.

2 QB- Blake Bortles © Chad Henne (S)

4 RB-  Toby Gerhart © Denard Robinson © Storm Johnson © Jordan Todman (S)

1 FB- Will Ta'ufo'ou (S)

4 OT- Luke Joeckel © Austin Paztor (S) Sam Young © Cameron Bradfield (S)

3 G- Zane Beadles © Brandon Linder © Drew Nowak (S)

2 C- Mike Brewster (S) Luke Bowanko ©

3 TE- Marcedes Lewis (H) Marcel Jensen © Clay Harbor ©

5 WR- Cecil Shorts (S) Ace Sanders © Marqise Lee © Allen Robinson © Tandon Doss ©

6 DE- Chris Clemons © Red Bryant © Jason Babin (S) Tyson Alualu (S) Andre Branch (S) Chris Smith ©

4 DT- Sen'Derrick Marks © Roy Miller © Ziggy Hood © Deandre Coleman ©

6 LB- Paul Pozluzsny (S) Geno Hayes © Dekota Watson © La'roy Reynolds © Telvin Smith © John Lotulelei ©

5 CB- Alan Ball © Dwayne Gratz © Will Blackmon © Ra'shaad Reynolds © Mike Harris (S) (Colvin starts on PUP)

5 S- Jonathan Cyprien © Josh Evans © Craig Loston © Winston Guy © Sherrod Martin ©

1 K- Josh Scobee (H)

1 P- Bryan Anger (S)

1 LS- Carson Tinker ©

Harris: 2/53 3.7%

Smith: 14/53 26.4%

Caldwell: 37/53 69.8 %
I think Demetrius McCray makes the roster over some of the other secondary guys you listed.
Mike Brown over Doss if we only keep 5. Also think we keep 4 safetys. 

CBs will be interesting though, especially with J.Harris coming off IR. McCray looked good last year also.

Quote:I think Demetrius McCray makes the roster over some of the other secondary guys you listed.

Which ones?

Quote:Mike Brown over Doss if we only keep 5. Also think we keep 4 safetys. 

CBs will be interesting though, especially with J.Harris coming off IR. McCray looked good last year also.

Doss will make the roster for special teams more so than anything else and yes, the competition at DB will be pretty intense.
I forgot Will Rackley was still here. I thought I read or heard he was released back in March or April. 

Quote:Mike Brown over Doss if we only keep 5. Also think we keep 4 safetys. 

If it comes down to one or the other, I think Doss makes it over Brown, 
Quote:Now that were post draft, I think it's time we start to examine the 53 man roster and who will find themselves where! For fun I've identified each of the GM's responsible for each players acquisition to get a better breakdown of where our roster currently stands.

3 RB-  Toby Gerhart © Denard Robinson © Storm Johnson ©

1 FB- Will Ta'ufo'ou (S)

4 G- Zane Beadles © Brandon Linder © Will Rackley (S) Drew Nowak (S)

5 WR- Cecil Shorts (S) Ace Sanders © Marqise Lee © Allen Robinson © Tandon Doss ©

6 DE- Chris Clemons © Red Bryant © Jason Babin (S) Tyson Alualu (S) Andre Branch (S) Chris Smith ©

6 LB- Paul Pozluzsny (S) Geno Hayes © Dekota Watson © La'roy Reynolds © Telvin Smith © John Lotulelei ©

5 CB- Alan Ball © Dwayne Gratz © Will Blackmon © Ra'shaad Reynolds © Mike Harris (S) (Colvin starts on PUP)

5 S- Jonathan Cyprien © Josh Evans © Craig Loston © Winston Guy © Sherrod Martin ©

1 K- Josh Scobee (H)

1 P- Bryan Anger (S)

1 LS- Carson Tinker ©

I think Cobb makes the team as long as his foot is healthy. So, 4 RB would make the roster + 1 FB in that instance. 
Mike Harris played decent as a nickel corner, but he's tiny compared to what Gus looks for in a corner. So I think McCray would beat him out. I also agree that we will only keep 4 safetys. I think Guy would be the odd man out there. He's a big hitter, but a major liability in coverage. And has the least amount of upside of all of our safetys.
All I know is this projected roster is leaps and bounds better than what we had at the start of the Caldwell era
Quote:All I know is this projected roster is leaps and bounds better than what we had at the start of the Caldwell era

Its improving rapidly. 
Can we PS Matt Scott again?  If Henne gets hurt early, I would rather they go to Matt Scott then Bortles if it happens within the first 8 games.

Quote:Can we PS Matt Scott again?  If Henne gets hurt early, I would rather they go to Matt Scott then Bortles if it happens within the first 8 games.
No way that happens, unless Bortles looks terrible in the preseason and camp and Scott looks great, otherwise Bortles will play once Henne gets hurt or the season is out of reach
Quote:Can we PS Matt Scott again?  If Henne gets hurt early, I would rather they go to Matt Scott then Bortles if it happens within the first 8 games.

What exactly did Matt Scott show last year that still has some people wanting him to play? I don't get it. 
I'll give this a whirl.

QB: Chad Henne, Blake Bortles

RB: Toby Gerhart, Denard Robinson, Storm Johnson, Jordan Todman

FB: Bradie Ewing

WR: Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Ace Sanders, Mike Brown, Tandon Doss

TE: Marcedes Lewis, Clay Harbor, Marcel Jensen

OT: Luke Joeckel, Cameron Bradfield, Austin Pasztor

OC: Mike Brewster, Luke Bowanko

OG: Zane Beadles, Brandon Lindor, Will Rackley, Drew Nowak

DE: Chris Smith, Chris Clemons, Jason Babin, Andre Branch, Ryan Davis, Red Bryant, Ziggy Hood

DT: Sen'Derrick Marks, Roy Miller, Tyson Alalau

LB: Telvin Smith, Geno Hayes, Dekoda Watson, Paul Posluzny, LaRoy Reynolds

CB: Will Blackmon, Alan Ball, Dwayne Gratz, Jeremy Harris, Demetrius McCray, Rashaad Reynolds

S: Jonathan Cyprien, Winston Guy, Josh Evans, Sherrod Martin

P: Bryan Anger

K: Josh Scobee

LS: Carson Tinker

Practice squad notables

RB Terrance Cobb

S Craig Loston

DT DeAndre Coleman
Quote:Now that were post draft, I think it's time we start to examine the 53 man roster and who will find themselves where! For fun I've identified each of the GM's responsible for each players acquisition to get a better breakdown of where our roster currently stands.

3 RB-  Toby Gerhart © Denard Robinson © Storm Johnson ©

1 FB- Will Ta'ufo'ou (S)

4 G- Zane Beadles © Brandon Linder © Will Rackley (S) Drew Nowak (S)

1 K- Josh Scobee (H)

1 P- Bryan Anger (S)

1 LS- Carson Tinker ©

This is a good projection. I do think McCray makes the team ahead of Harris and I'm not counting out Todman to again make the team. This is a major upgrade from last year's roster.
If the bubble guys are between a Caldwell guy making it over a Smith guy, you can guarantee they'll keep the Caldwell guy

Quote:If the bubble guys are between a Caldwell guy making it over a Smith guy, you can guarantee they'll keep the Caldwell guy

Thats a good point, too. 
McCray over Harris, a late cut at tackle over Sam Young, Brown over Doss.

Other than that, I like your list. 

If they are truly serious that Bortles will sit for a year, then I think they keep 3 QB's and Stanzi gets a spot....Morris makes the PS and I don't see Scott making it past preseason

Quote:Mike Harris played decent as a nickel corner, but he's tiny compared to what Gus looks for in a corner. So I think McCray would beat him out. I also agree that we will only keep 4 safetys. I think Guy would be the odd man out there. He's a big hitter, but a major liability in coverage. And has the least amount of upside of all of our safetys.

I def think Guy is safe. He isn't the best but he's good depth and Gus obviously likes what he sees as he brought him back from his Seattle days. If we decided to only keep 4 at Safety, I think Martin is the one off the block. I think Guy is here to stay, at least for the time being. As far as Harris, he's really the most fit to play Nickel of anyone on our roster, so it's difficult to imagine that they would cut ties, unless someone else emerges.

Quote:I'll give this a whirl.

QB: Chad Henne, Blake Bortles

RB: Toby Gerhart, Denard Robinson, Storm Johnson, Jordan Todman

FB: Bradie Ewing

WR: Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Ace Sanders, Mike Brown, Tandon Doss

TE: Marcedes Lewis, Clay Harbor, Marcel Jensen

OT: Luke Joeckel, Cameron Bradfield, Austin Pasztor

OC: Mike Brewster, Luke Bowanko

OG: Zane Beadles, Brandon Lindor, Will Rackley, Drew Nowak

DE: Chris Smith, Chris Clemons, Jason Babin, Andre Branch, Ryan Davis, Red Bryant, Ziggy Hood

DT: Sen'Derrick Marks, Roy Miller, Tyson Alalau

LB: Telvin Smith, Geno Hayes, Dekoda Watson, Paul Posluzny, LaRoy Reynolds

CB: Will Blackmon, Alan Ball, Dwayne Gratz, Jeremy Harris, Demetrius McCray, Rashaad Reynolds

S: Jonathan Cyprien, Winston Guy, Josh Evans, Sherrod Martin

P: Bryan Anger

K: Josh Scobee

LS: Carson Tinker

Practice squad notables

RB Terrance Cobb

S Craig Loston

DT DeAndre Coleman

A bit thin up front, but I like it!

Pages: 1 2