Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Imagine If Blackmon Came Back Now.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Haven't seen a snap of play from the rookies, but if they are as good as projected, this team could be a whole lot better. Now, add Blackmon back into the mix, and all of the sudden, there are some real weapons on offense. Dare I say, it won't be offensive. :whistling:

I wish we knew more than we do about Blackmon, but a lot of people have made good arguments about the length of suspensions for players with similar transgressions. I hope he makes it back, and soon. Put him with the newbies, and suddenly this offense could become the real deal. Defenses will no longer stack the box 8 and 9 deep and laugh. They will actually have to worry about what the Jags are doing.

That will be a very nice change of pace. :thumbsup:

I've imagined him not coming back just so I'm prepared for the more likely of the two scenarios.  Imagining him coming back I'm afraid will only get your hopes up.

Quote:Haven't seen a snap of play from the rookies, but if they are as good as projected, this team could be a whole lot better. Now, add Blackmon back into the mix, and all of the sudden, there are some real weapons on offense. Dare I say, it won't be offensive. :whistling:

I wish we knew more than we do about Blackmon, but a lot of people have made good arguments about the length of suspensions for players with similar transgressions. I hope he makes it back, and soon. Put him with the newbies, and suddenly this offense could become the real deal. Defenses will no longer stack the box 8 and 9 deep and laugh. They will actually have to worry about what the Jags are doing.

That will be a very nice change of pace. :thumbsup:

If Blackmon comes back, the offense by next year (2015) would be flat out sick. 

Lee

A-Robinson

Blackmon

Sanders

Shorts - might be gone in that scenario as I think they'd let him leave via FA

D-Robinson

Gerhart

Cobb

S Johnson

Add in a viable pass catching threat @ TE 

and you've got yourselves an offense that should have no problem putting up 400+ points in 2015. 

Quote:I've imagined him not coming back just so I'm prepared for the more likely of the two scenarios.  Imagining him coming back I'm afraid will only get your hopes up.
Yeah I'd love to have Blackmon back but don't expect too at least till 2015
Best thing to do is think of any eventual return as a bonus.
I can't imagine a scenario where he is a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Quote:Yeah I'd love to have Blackmon back but don't expect too at least till 2015

And even then....
Quote:I can't imagine a scenario where he is a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Well it is a very easy scenario to imagine.  He gets his crap together.  But it just doesn't seem like he is.
Imagine if we traded for Blaine Gabbert again and he became our franchise QB....

I think that has a higher probability than Blackmon coming back.

Quote:Well it is a very easy scenario to imagine.  He gets his crap together.  But it just doesn't seem like he is.

He was drafted two years ago. He got a DUI before he signed his first contract. Last year he was suspended for 12 of the team's 16 games. He's now on indefinite suspension.

Friday night, the team drafted two players in the second round that play his same position as Blackmon.

When speaking with the media after the two selections Bradley said "Well, we haven’t heard much, and it doesn’t sound like it’s going in the right direction".

I'm all for being optimistic. But don't be naive.
Quote:He was drafted two years ago. He got a DUI before he signed his first contract. Last year he was suspended for 12 of the team's 16 games. He's now on indefinite suspension.

Friday night, the team drafted two players in the second round that play his same position as Blackmon.

When speaking with the media after the two selections Bradley said "Well, we haven’t heard much, and it doesn’t sound like it’s going in the right direction".

Bingo
That's not enough to say he's never coming back. Dave is doing what he's said he always would and treating Blackmon as a luxury. They're moving ahead with the assumption he won't be there so they won't be twiddling their thumbs hoping he comes back (like the Browns are) and if he does come back it's just icing on the cake.

Quote:That's not enough to say he's never coming back. Dave is doing what he's said he always would and treating Blackmon as a luxury. They're moving ahead with the assumption he won't be there so they won't be twiddling their thumbs hoping he comes back (like the Browns are) and if he does come back it's just icing on the cake.

To quote Uncle Frank from Home Alone.

You be positive, I'll be realistic.
I don't think anyone is being naive. let's look at the facts. Blackmon is still a Jaguar. He is under contract. When compared to other players who have had similar altercations, He should be reinstated sometime this season. At worst, by the beginning of next season. The guy WILL get another chance. Whether it's here or not remains to be seen, but he will have one last bite at the apple.

If he makes the most of it, it would be great. If not, well, the team isn't any worse off than it is at the time I post this.

Quote:He was drafted two years ago. He got a DUI before he signed his first contract. Last year he was suspended for 12 of the team's 16 games. He's now on indefinite suspension.

I understand.  I'm just saying I can see a scenario where he gets his crap together however unlikely that is.  Believe me, I'm not naive.  Things are certainly not looking good and I'm not expecting him to return.
Quote:If Blackmon comes back, the offense by next year (2015) would be flat out sick. 

Lee

A-Robinson

Blackmon

Sanders

Shorts - might be gone in that scenario as I think they'd let him leave via FA

D-Robinson

Gerhart

Cobb

S Johnson

Add in a viable pass catching threat @ TE 

and you've got yourselves an offense that should have no problem putting up 400+ points in 2015. 
Your hatred of Shorts is really annoying. He's our #1
Quote:I don't think anyone is being naive. let's look at the facts. Blackmon is still a Jaguar. He is under contract. When compared to other players who have had similar altercations, He should be reinstated sometime this season. At worst, by the beginning of next season. The guy WILL get another chance. Whether it's here or not remains to be seen, but he will have one last bite at the apple.

If he makes the most of it, it would be great. If not, well, the team isn't any worse off than it is at the time I post this.

I disagree. The Jaguars without Blackmon are in a worse situation than the Jaguars with Blackmon by a considerable margin. Blackmon is an elite, elite talent that a franchise only stumbles upon once every ten or so years. The last guy we drafted like that was Fred in 98' so about a 16 year gap. He isn't somebody that you can just plug in and replace.
Quote:That's not enough to say he's never coming back. Dave is doing what he's said he always would and treating Blackmon as a luxury. They're moving ahead with the assumption he won't be there so they won't be twiddling their thumbs hoping he comes back (like the Browns are) and if he does come back it's just icing on the cake.

sure.

now, what is the likelihood of him coming back?  That's the real question.  I'm not saying he's not coming back with full certainty.  But if i was a betting man, I would bet he doesn't play for us in 2014.  

And I think always talking about Blackmon like he's someone we can count on or even hope for is foolish.  I know it's fun to do, but always listing Blackmon as one of our receivers IMO is being naive.

All signs point to him not returning.  Forgetting about him sooner rather than later is a good thing for us because it's hard to think about how much talent
Quote:Your hatred of Shorts is really annoying. He's our #1

I don't think he's hating at all. It's pretty realistic to think that Shorts may be gone next year, if not traded at this years deadline if the rookies develop and Blackmon gets reinstated. He may be our #1 but he fits much better as a teams 2/3 and should be paid accordingly. I don't think Dave will be breaking the bank to bring him back as I assume he will probably want #1 money. I'm almost positive he will shop Cecil in a similar fashion as Eugene Monroe.
Quote:I don't think anyone is being naive. let's look at the facts. Blackmon is still a Jaguar. He is under contract. When compared to other players who have had similar altercations, He should be reinstated sometime this season. At worst, by the beginning of next season. The guy WILL get another chance. Whether it's here or not remains to be seen, but he will have one last bite at the apple.

RJ Soward was on the Jaguars roster until 2003. Him being under contract means nothing.
Pages: 1 2