Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: good draft reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apologies if these were posted elsewhere, I didn't see them.

SBNation

Sports Xchange

mel kiper jr. gave the jags an A!

It's interesting how the point-of-view has changed between Thursday night and now.  At first there were quite a few that pegged us as being "idiots" for the Bortles pick.  Now in hindsight, a lot of people are starting to take notice.

But.. But.. That OTHER thread said we're the laughing stock! <eyeroll>
Quote:It's interesting how the point-of-view has changed between Thursday night and now.  At first there were quite a few that pegged us as being "idiots" for the Bortles pick.  Now in hindsight, a lot of people are starting to take notice.

I think at the time of the pick, it was easy to say it was a "reach". But it became clear once Manziel slid that he was not quite as highly thought of as expected. And guys like Mettenberger, Savage and McCarron slipping to the third day showed the huge gap between the first 4 and everyone else. Had they stayed at 39, the big 4 would have been gone. Doesn't look like a reach now.
Good point, Bon Jagley. I think it also strengthened people's opinion of our first selection when it came out that at least three other teams planned to pick Bartles.

Quote:Good point, Bon Jagley. I think it also strengthened people's opinion of our first selection when it came out that at least three other teams planned to pick Bartles.

....and there we have it. 

The first Leftwhich/ Jerrard/ Burnell/ Gabbot moment :yes: 
lol that's what I get for typing while watching a movie

Quote:I think at the time of the pick, it was easy to say it was a "reach". But it became clear once Manziel slid that he was not quite as highly thought of as expected. And guys like Mettenberger, Savage and McCarron slipping to the third day showed the huge gap between the first 4 and everyone else. Had they stayed at 39, the big 4 would have been gone. Doesn't look like a reach now.

True.  It also shows how much of a difference there is between fan's perspectives, media perception and the thoughts of people that actually get paid to look at talent.  When you look at what fan's reactions are, what the media says and writes, and what the front offices from different teams say, you see a very diverse picture of the whole thing.  I would venture to say that after another season or two, you will see other teams courting the Jaguars' staff because of what they are building here.
Prisco gives the Jags an "A". 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...-nfl-draft

The only person i've heard dislike our draft is Tedy Bruschi, who thinks Bortles was a dumb pick because we won't rush him...

Quote:I think at the time of the pick, it was easy to say it was a "reach". But it became clear once Manziel slid that he was not quite as highly thought of as expected. And guys like Mettenberger, Savage and McCarron slipping to the third day showed the huge gap between the first 4 and everyone else. Had they stayed at 39, the big 4 would have been gone. Doesn't look like a reach now.

The gaps between 1, 2, and 3 were a bit wider than many thought, too.  Some were saying they could all go in the top 10.

Without a trade up, there would have been only two in the entire round.

Quote:The only person i've heard dislike our draft is Tedy Bruschi, who thinks Bortles was a dumb pick because we won't rush him...

He's an idiot.
From yahoo sports..

It is a slideshow so you may need to click some to get to our grade...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...02802.html
....another "A".....this time from ESPN's draft review special that just aired. 

Only the Jags and San Fran received grades that high on the program. 

Quote:....another "A".....this time from ESPN's draft review special that just aired. 

Only the Jags and San Fran received grades that high on the program. 
This is great for the moment.

Now all these guys have to do is prove us and them right.

I believe they will, and it feels great to have that much faith in a draft class for once.

One of the NFL Network guys kept citing the Jags as winners of various AFC draft accolades on their recap show that I watched last night. 

Quote:This is great for the moment.

Now all these guys have to do is prove us and them right.

I believe they will, and it feels great to have that much faith in a draft class for once.
Yeah, the kudos are nice.  We still need to see it on the field. 
Pages: 1 2