Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Single High FS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a detrimental role in Gus' defense. This really wasn't addressed in the draft so it's a crucial year for Josh Evans.

Hopefully he can play at an above average level this year and maybe we snag a true center field FS next year.
 Can only fill so many holes each year. Judging by the way things are going, I have a feeling Gus and Dave will have a plan in place for that.

Quote: Can only fill so many holes each year. Judging by the way things are going, I have a feeling Gus and Dave will have a plan in place for that.

Yeah, I'd imagine thats next years offseason/ draft plan. 

FS, DT, perhaps ORT, DE (always), MLB, QB (to keep the pipeline going), TE....
:yes:

I would not be surprised to see Colvin get some time at FS in 2015.

Apparently it looks like we did sign Craig Loston after all. I could see him being a beast at free safety.

Loston or Reynolds or Colvin could all potentially play FS. Probably Telvin Smith as well. It will be interesting to see the competition once camp opens up.

I been on the FS bandwagon since last yr. That's all we need to complete the defense. When we get the FS position sorted out this defense will take off. I still have hope for Joe Young & Sherrod Martin this yr. J Evans is SS and being played out off position because nobody else on the roster last year was worthy of the spot. We were in a lot of Cover 2 last yr because he started. J. Evans and W. Guy are hitters/ head hunters. Both of them are limited in coverage because they lack speed. I see them backing up Cyp at the SS when Training camp is over. Either Young or Martin will win the FS position. Both of them can ball. Dave was in indi when they drafted him I think. So he knows his potential at FS. Young has the speed and range to play/start FS. Martin started and played FS for the Panthers before he got hurt. He can ball too. He's not as fast as Young but he has more experience at FS. He can lay the wood as well. True head hunter. Whoever steps up the other will be the back up. Its Dave Caldwell doing work again on the Down Low!  That's why they did not draft FS because he signed them and stash them for the upcoming season. At FS there will be competition. You will see more Single High FS and more aggressive defense from Gus this year. But I still see them drafting a FS, DE, TE, & MLB next year.

#DaveNeverSleeps

Quote:I would not be surprised to see Colvin get some time at FS in 2015.

BULLSEYE...

NH3...
Quote:I would not be surprised to see Colvin get some time at FS in 2015.

BULLSEYE...

NH3...