Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nobel- a Netflix show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMDB link to the show. Has anyone else watched this?

I don't usually watch shows with subtitles because I feel I don't get the full experience of a show/movie if I'm having to read what's being said instead of actually watching what is happening. I took a chance with this one because it's out of Norway and the synopsis sounded interesting. I've been binge watching for the past four hours. It is most excellent.

It's interesting to see how a foreign special operations group works. You always wonder if a group from such small countries are as highly trained as ours since their overall defense budget is smaller than ours for many reasons to include they're not considered the 'world police.' A term I despise on levels you can't imagine. There are a few references to the American forces but other than that it's all about the Norwegians and the story of geopolitics.  It is a 'flashback' and 'present day' series but done in such a way that is not distracting and actually enhances the story IMO. What happened '12 weeks' ago is in direct effect to what is happening 'present day.' I guess you could say it shows cause and effect scenarios. 

The only other foreign series with subtitles I've watched is the French series, Les Revenants (The Returned) which was an excellent show. A&E tried to do an American version and apparently it was pretty bad as it only lasted one season, had horrible reviews and was cancelled. I never watched it.