Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Comparisons for Lee and Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just finished watching their cut ups on draft breakdown.

Im basing my comments on Lee off 2012, where he was healthy and had good players around him. He reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin. He is so good at making people miss in confined spaces. Can start and stop on a dime. Run after the catch and the kick returning abilities only make the comparison closer as well. 

Robinson was a bit harder to think of a comparison for but I came up with Stevie Johnson. His route running ability and his get off from the line is superb. Robinson is more of a red zone threat though. 

These guys compliment each other perfectly. Cant wait to see them develop together. 

Robinson best comparison is Brandon Lafell based on college film. Maybe a Roddy White if he can further develop.
Quote:Just finished watching their cut ups on draft breakdown.

Im basing my comments on Lee off 2012, where he was healthy and had good players around him. He reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin. He is so good at making people miss in confined spaces. Can start and stop on a dime. Run after the catch and the kick returning abilities only make the comparison closer as well. 

Robinson was a bit harder to think of a comparison for but I came up with Stevie Johnson. His route running ability and his get off from the line is superb. Robinson is more of a red zone threat though. 

These guys compliment each other perfectly. Cant wait to see them develop together. 

I could be wrong but I think a decent comparison of Allen Robinson is Keenan Allen of the San Diego Chargers. 
Yeah TMD I think Robinson is similar to Keenan Allen. Every time I look at Lee I see a bigger Steve Smith.
Lindy's draft preview/nfldraftscout.com compared Allen Robinson to Anquan Boldin and Lee to Victor Cruz.
Quote:Yeah TMD I think Robinson is similar to Keenan Allen. Every time I look at Lee I see a bigger Steve Smith.

I like both of these as well. 
Quote:Lindy's draft preview/nfldraftscout.com compared Allen Robinson to Anquan Boldin and Lee to Victor Cruz.

I don't think either of those 2 are good comparisons because Robinson is taller/ more lanky than both. THose 2 also play a bit more physical of a game than Robinson. 

I believe Keenan Allen is the better comparison. 

I don't know enough about Robinson to say but marqise lee, to me, looks a lot like reggie Wayne when I watch him play.

Quote:I don't know enough about Robinson to say but marqise lee, to me, looks a lot like reggie Wayne when I watch him play.

I don't agree with that one. Isn't Wayne taller and bulkier and play a different style of WR?....

I think of a thinner Percy Harvin when I watch Lee's game.  

Lee reminds me more of Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall.

Marshall in the sense that he runs with the ball wide away from his body and utilizes the back juke so much that you can probably telegraph it at this point. He'll probably fumble at least once this year unless he fixes that.

Quote:Lee reminds me more of Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall.

Marshall in the sense that he runs with the ball wide away from his body and utilizes the back juke so much that you can probably telegraph it at this point. He'll probably fumble at least once this year unless he fixes that.

Brandon Marshall??....Reggie Wayne??....

Not sure how you guys are seeing this. 
Quote:I don't agree with that one. Isn't Wayne taller and bulkier and play a different style of WR?....

I think of a thinner Percy Harvin when I watch Lee's game.

Wayne has a few pounds on Lee but that's about it.
Quote:Wayne has a few pounds on Lee but that's about it.

Yeah but doesn't Wayne make a lot of downfield/ sideline plays?

Lee to me seems like a thinner Percy Harvin type or poor man's Sammy Watkins and have a game that is more similar to theirs. 
Quote:Brandon Marshall??....Reggie Wayne??....

Not sure how you guys are seeing this. 
I'm being very specific when I make that comparison. Don't get the wrong idea.

Watch young Marshall after the catch and watch Lee after the catch. They both leave the ball hanging out away from their chest and their first move is always the back juke.

Very similar styles tend to evolve similar as well. I don't believe Marshall tries to churn out yards like he used to but he had a serious fumbling problem in Denver and I'm hoping Lee doesn't also develop one.
after the catch is where lee and Wayne really match up to me. Wayne was timed a little faster and has maybe 5lbs on lee.

your routes are out of your control. You run what you're told to run. They can both play inside or outside routes, crosses, fly routes. Watch some film of Wayne at Miami and lee. Once they get the ball in their hands, the moves after the catch are what draws the comparison besides the physical similarities.

Quote:Yeah but doesn't Wayne make a lot of downfield/ sideline plays?

Lee to me seems like a thinner Percy Harvin type or poor man's Sammy Watkins and have a game that is more similar to theirs. 

And Lee made  a lot of downfield/sideline plays in college too. Lee made plays all over the field, he was also a kick returner
Quote:And Lee made  a lot of downfield/sideline plays in college too. Lee made plays all over the field, he was also a kick returner

To make those sort of downfield/ sideline plays consistently in the pro's I think you need to be a bit bigger and/ or stronger than what Lee is. Steve Smith can despite lacking height, because he's got good leaping ability and he's one of the strongest WR's in the sport. I'm not sure Lee will be able to do the same in the pro's. I see Lee as more of a Harvin type weapon as far as the routes he can be successful as a pro. 
Quote:To make those sort of downfield/ sideline plays consistently in the pro's I think you need to be a bit bigger and/ or stronger than what Lee is. Steve Smith can despite lacking height, because he's got good leaping ability and he's one of the strongest WR's in the sport. I'm not sure Lee will be able to do the same in the pro's. I see Lee as more of a Harvin type weapon as far as the routes he can be successful as a pro. 

Reggie Wayne and Marqise Lee are essentially the same exact size.
Quote:To make those sort of downfield/ sideline plays consistently in the pro's I think you need to be a bit bigger and/ or stronger than what Lee is. Steve Smith can despite lacking height, because he's got good leaping ability and he's one of the strongest WR's in the sport. I'm not sure Lee will be able to do the same in the pro's. I see Lee as more of a Harvin type weapon as far as the routes he can be successful as a pro. 

harvin is in a league of his own when it comes to his style of player. thats what makes him so highly touted.

in 2012 lee didnt really have any injury issues. wayne only has like 5lbs on lee and im sure by the time the season rolls around lee will have put on some muscle. 

in another thread i said my gut told me jordan matthews would have a better career. but if lee can stay on the field, he is a dynamic guy and could be really good with bortles throwing to him for the next decade. 
Quote:Reggie Wayne and Marqise Lee are essentially the same exact size.

They don't look it in pads/ in games. 

Thats a real optical illusion, if true. 
Pages: 1 2 3