Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Buying or Selling....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will Blake Bortles really sit all year?

I am selling. I think he plays after week 8
I imagine that he'll be in the game a little sooner than that. Probably garbage time for the experience. Now, as for Blake starting, that's entirely up to Henne.

After the London game I assume......he'll have the extra week to get all the reps.....barring any earlier circumstances, if we're below par, he'll start then.....if we're .500 he'll sit out longer
I'm buying. Henne could play better than last year or tank the season and get the best pass rusher in 2015 draft
I could see him sitting until after the bye week. Any rookie QB cant fully grasp the offense that quick. I remember the Seahawks even limited the playbook for Russel the first half of his rookie year. Let him sit, fix his footwork, and wait till he can grasp more of the offense. Then see what he can the second half of the year. 

He'll backup Henne for the season. But play him in the pre-season.  Look what happened to Gabbert, putting him, in too soon and that didn't go well. Give Henne an offensive fix the defense and he could led us to a playoff.  Just saying  Banana

Bortles definitely isn't ready and probably won't be ready until maybe the last quarter of the season. I'd like to see Bortles start at least 4 games, just to give him some game film to study for 2015.
How long did we sign Henne to a contract for? Was it just a one year deal?
Quote:How long did we sign Henne to a contract for? Was it just a one year deal?
2 yr...... I'm selling as well. This is Chad Henne were talking bout. But I do think Henne will start most of the season.
It's a matter of how well Henne does. Henne could play well enough to start the entire season which I'm hoping for. If things go south Bortles could step into starting role.

Henne would have to be playing absolutely awful for Blake to start this year. I don't see it. I'm not saying Chenne is gonna set the league on fire but I think he will be decent in the same system for another consecutive year.
Selling...he's the 3rd pick in the draft.  I could see a short window of Henne, likely 3-6 games.

I'm selling if we include injuries as a criteria.  It's to unlikely for any one QB to play an entire season these days.  

I'm buying - at least for 3/4 ths of the season. 

Bortles is not ready, and I don't want another Gabbert situation where the raw rookie QB is thrown to the wolves. 

Otherwise we'd simply not be learning from past mistakes. 

If it was Bridgewater, then yes. He was much more pro-ready than Bortles is. But Blake is likely going to need a year holding the clipboard and developing via practice. 

I think our record allows us to start Bortles after the bye week.

Barring injury, he's going to sit for most of the year. I would not be surprised to see him start a game or two at the end of the year.

Quote:I'm buying - at least for 3/4 ths of the season. 

Bortles is not ready, and I don't want another Gabbert situation where the raw rookie QB is thrown to the wolves. 

Otherwise we'd simply not be learning from past mistakes. 

If it was Bridgewater, then yes. He was much more pro-ready than Bortles is. But Blake is likely going to need a year holding the clipboard and developing via practice. 
The thing about Gabbert is that he obviously wasn't ready......but as i'm thinking now, what if he balls out in camp and pre season and the coaches think he's ready. Do they still sit him or do they let him continue his development into the regular season? Just something I thought about
I think they are being honest about their intent to sit him the entire season. That being said, if Henne is injured or Blake is tearing it up in practice he could start earlier.