Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Smith "Inside the War Room" video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love watching this. Listen to when Bradley is on the phone with him, about :40 seconds in. Bradley says "I Missed You Too".

Must have made some kind of impact on Smith when he coached him at the Senior Bowl.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...33f0ce813f

Gus is going to bring us a SB championship one day. 

Quote:Love watching this. Listen to when Bradley is on the phone with him, about :40 seconds in. Bradley says "I Missed You Too".

Must have made some kind of impact on Smith when he coached him at the Senior Bowl.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...33f0ce813f

If you listen to the conference calls on all three of the defensive players we picked, you can see they are all Gus Bradley kind of guys.   They're talkative, confident, and they all say they bonded with the Jaguars coaching staff at the Senior Bowl.  I think this is one thing we can't overlook: we draft best available player at a position of need who fits our scheme and who have the personality that we want to add to our locker room.   I think the Jags are putting a lot of importance on building the right culture.   In a year or two, this team will have swagger; I guarantee it. 
How could anyone NOT LOVE GUS? 

I have a complete man-crush on the guy. 

There is really no other way to say it. Gus is the man.

Other than Pete Carroll, I don't know if there is another coach in the NFL right now who has that type of impact on his players.

I lived in Tampa when Dungy was hired to coach the Bucs. Dungy had a similar impact on the culture there that Bradley is having here. It's fun to watch.

This is why I would love Jags to be on Hard Knocks. I'd love to see how Gus switches "serious" mode and "friend" mode, and how he is so effective at doing it. Unfortunately, I doubt we will be on the show.

The Gus Bus. Get on it.

Gus is one of those coaches that you want to succeed for. Disappointing Gus probably feels horrible. A lot of coaches aren't like that.

The Gus Juice is flowing.

It will be interesting to see what ends up being the starting defense this year.

One huge obvious difference between Coughlin, JDR and Bradley.

When Coughlin was head coach, there was always talk about a group of his guys (Brunell, Boselli, Smeenge) and how they sometimes have rifts with other guys in the locker room.

With JDR, he clearly had "his guys". You heard it from players like Jimmy Smith, Mike Peterson and others. They didn't trust Del Rio and he played favorites.

With Bradley, it really seems like it's a family type atmosphere. Seems very similar to what Carroll has built in Seattle.

[Image: gQwTZHy.gif]