Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Draft According to Draft Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prior to the draft, I was looking at players on this NFL Machine that I believe was supposed to be like a combo between Kiper's and McShay's thoughts to build like the ultimate board or whatever. I thought it would be interesting to list the draft class as a recruiting class based off of this board. The only note is that any player with a score of 50 or above is classified as a player that any team would start at some point and should be taken by the end of the 5th round, while players at 49 or lower are players that are either scheme fit, or special team experts with little offensive or defensive value(according to this board.) Obviously, the closer the score to 100 the better the prospect.

#1   QB Blake Bortles-91

#12 RB Storm Johnson-59

#5   WR Marqise Lee-90

#11 WR Allen Robinson-78

#8   OG Brandon Linder-56

#23    C Luke Bowanko-30

#10 DE Chris Smith-65

#8 OLB Telvin Smith-68

#13 CB Aaron Colvin-69

What stands out to me is that we only took 1 player that would be considered a reach, while almost every player has a pretty good grade meaning they are strong enough that they are classified as being a player that would start for pretty much any team regardless of what style that team plays and they are also classified as being a 5th round pick or earlier.

Some players that would be worth a look as a free agent prospect for depth-even if we don't need it, according to the grades(assuming they don't go in the last 11 picks.

QB Stephen Morris(Miami)-47

QB Connor Shaw(South Carolina)-45

WR Brandon Coleman(Rutgers)-69

WR Mike Davis(Texas)-58

TE Marcel Jensen(Fresno State)-59

TE Colt Lyerla(Oregon)-51

OT Antonio Richardson(Tennessee)-67

DT Kelcy Quarles(South Carolina)-65

DT Zach Kerr(Delaware)-60

DT Anthony Johnson(LSU)-59

DT George UKO(USC)-49 *I saw a couple of day 3 mock drafts predicting we would take him 5th round.

DE Jackson Jeffcoat(Texas)-67 *Another guy I saw us predicted to grab early today.

DE James Gayle(Virginia Tech)-59

MLB Shayne Skov(Stanford)-55

OLB Adrian Hubbard(Alabama)-67

OLB Christian Jones(Florida State)-66

CB Marcus Roberson(Florida)-67

CB Victor Hampton(South Carolina)-61

S Craig Loston(LSU)-61

S Ahmad Dixon(Baylor)-56

Obviously, these considerations depend on if you agree with the draft machine grades. Curious what your thoughts are on any of these guys, or others not listed.

Christian Jones is still out there???

Yes please!

Quote:Christian Jones is still out there???

Yes please!

Lots of good talent still out there. I'm surprised Jeffcoat wasn't drafted as well.
Polar opposite of a Gene Smith draft