Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rate the 2014 Jaguars draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Jaguars 2014 draft class:

Blake Bortles, QB, UCF (3)

Marqise Lee, WR, USC (39)

Allen Robinson, WR, Penn St. (61)

Brandon Linder, OG, Miami (93)

Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (114)

Telvin Smith, LB, FSU (144)

Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas (159)

Luke Bowanko, C, Virginia (205)

Storm Johnson, RB, UCF (222)

E for:

exciting

enthusiastic

exceptional

entertaining

elegant

excited

eager

elated

ecstatic

eloquent

excellent

effective

energetic

endearing

expert

euphoric

exemplary

exquisite

encouraging

enchanting

exuberant

extraordinary

Really excited after the draft, we picked up many needs. Loved a lot of the picks. Storm Johnson was a great pick in the 7th
Best draft we have probably ever had. On paper anyways. 

Oops double post
Shan Khan: I'm so glad you chose to buy THIS franchise

Way to find a GM

Way to find a coach

Way to build an organization

#westandunited

Quote:E for:

exciting

enthusiastic

exceptional

entertaining

elegant

excited

eager

elated

ecstatic

eloquent

excellent

effective

energetic

endearing

expert

euphoric

exemplary

exquisite

encouraging

enchanting

exuberant

extraordinary
What he said ^^^

A++ 
A bit too soon to grade, but it certainly looks promising.

Since the only logical grade to give at this point is corn, that earned my vote. Banana

Looks like we're all aboard the Gus (And co.) Bus!

They will take us to a Superbowl, it wont be next year but in the next 5 years this team will be a consistent winner.

Absolutely amazing. I've never felt this good about a draft. And I didn't even want Bortles before it started.
Usually in past years, I have one pick that I like and the rest have me confused. This year, I had one pick that had me confused, but I loved the rest. I can't believe how good of a draft this was. I felt like every pick, Kiper and McShay either said great pick, or steal, which are very awesome terms in the draft.

Seriously , the only guy in this draft who doesn't figure to be a big contributor is Lowanko.

Maybe Smith, but you gotta like him as a rotational LEO.
Quote:Seriously , the only guy in this draft who doesn't figure to be a big contributor is Lowanko.

Maybe Smith, but you gotta like him as a rotational LEO.
Blake Bortles, but I think the jaguars hope he will come in and take the job from Henne. Otherwise, he won't be a contributor to 2014. Love this draft and the Bortles pick after I saw the rest of the draft.
Quote:Blake Bortles, but I think the jaguars hope he will come in and take the job from Henne. Otherwise, he won't be a contributor to 2014. Love this draft and the Bortles pick after I saw the rest of the draft.
If this was just about 2014 you can scratch off Colvin too. But I don't care about that, I'm looking long term and these are guys that will be the core of the team, even when it becomes a playoff caliber roster.
Gave it a B+ I'm really intrigued by the picks we made and I'm excited to see how they play.
Quote:Absolutely amazing. I've never felt this good about a draft. And I didn't even want Bortles before it started.

Me neither.....now, it just seems right. 
*edit* Wrong thread.  Big Grin

A+ is what I'd give this draft.
Quote:If this was just about 2014 you can scratch off Colvin too. But I don't care about that, I'm looking long term and these are guys that will be the core of the team, even when it becomes a playoff caliber roster.

Yes, down the road, I think this will be the draft we look back to.
I would have given us an A- but I gave us an A. Main thing I noticed that all these players have is that they give 110% every play. Great class and if anyone hasn't seen the play Robinson makes against OSU when they are down 63-7 I would suggest you watch it. That play sums up him and this class
Wasn't a big fan of the Bortles pick but besides that I think the draft was great.

Pages: 1 2