Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Laughing Stock...Part Deaux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jumping channels. Perusing the net. All I hear and read is how well the Jags have drafted.

I read an earlier post that we are a laughing stock. So I'm confused here.

Are virtually all commentators, writers, prognosticators and othe sports casters wrong?

I haven't heard this many accolades in years.

Amazing that some have issues with what the team has done.

It's been years since I've been this content with the draft.

Maybe I'm one of the dumb, kool aid drinkers that am part of the " laughing stock"
nah... that guy just threw a fit after the first round.... he's one of the most knee jerk guys ive seen in a while.... this draft has been amazing.

Everyone is saying we've had a great draft.   You didn't hear that when Gene Smith was running things.  

The success of this draft ultimately rests on the arm of Blake Bortles.  We aren't going to know if he's "the guy" until 2015, so in the mean time, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the game. 

Quote:nah... that guy just threw a fit after the first round.... he's one of the most knee jerk guys ive seen in a while.... this draft has been amazing.

7 rounds, and a fit after round 1 ?

Fans like that need the horse with a broken leg treatment. Geeez.
While I agree the jags have done a good job overall in the draft, the first round pick was still a reach.  Which again most draft experts have been saying.

There is always going to be a party pooper This draft has been great and will lead to W's.
Quote:While I agree the jags have done a good job overall in the draft, the first round pick was still a reach.  Which again most draft experts have been saying.
Bortles was ranked in the top ten on nearly every analysts big board before the draft.

Rob Rang - who does the board for CBS - had him as the 6th ranked prospect overall and the top QB.  I actually have been referring to Rang's board for the past several weeks because he's less reactionary to hype and rumors than others. 
Quote:Jumping channels. Perusing the net. All I hear and read is how well the Jags have drafted.

Are virtually all commentators, writers, prognosticators and othe sports casters wrong?

Maybe I'm one of the dumb, kool aid drinkers that am part of the " laughing stock"
There are the butthurt McCarron Clan.

There is the AnchorMan Bridgewater Clan founders of Tank fo Teddy.

And a smattering of CarrGarrLogapalooza's.

And of course the Manzielanites.

JAGS got their QB, 2 WR OT CB LB DE so far and nothing way out there.

Folks wedded to one player will always be dissapointed when they go elsewhere.

For the second year in a row the Jags have shown disicipline and it is hard to get use to.

Wiser media heads recognize this, even if single entity fans do not.

Go JAGS

HeadSlap

Quote:Jumping channels. Perusing the net. All I hear and read is how well the Jags have drafted.

I took Laughing Stock as a bit of hyperbole. Nonetheless, I thought picking Bortles at 3 was a missed opportunity, and still do.

However, since then Caldwell has picked four players who have top 40 talent along with college production to match. If those four play as well as expected, this draft is a success even if Bortles never plays a down for us.

Quote:While I agree the jags have done a good job overall in the draft, the first round pick was still a reach.  Which again most draft experts have been saying.

If it wasn't for your moniker, I'd consider this. But Manzielinteal may demonstrate your disappointment. Hope you can change it.

I actually wanted him, but after thinking more long term and letting the dust settle, I think the organization knows what they're doing.
But if we drafted Manziel instead you wouldn't call it a reach????

Having a GM in Dave Caldwell is paying off. We are reaping the benefits of having a true NFL Executive leading our Franchise.

#WeWillHaveTheLastLaugh!

Most commentators seem to give the Jags a good to great rating on this draft.  I think most of the fans feel the same way but there are a few very loud who aren't loving it.  That's their right, but I'm glad we've got Caldwell in charge now rather than Gene Smith.  I think the thing that strikes me about our draft this year (more so than last year) is that he's drafting guys with great upside who maybe have some work to do in one or two areas but are not just good prospects but good values for the position they're getting picked at.  We got our franchise QB and we have two receivers, at least one of which should start immediately.  What's not to like?
Quote:But if we drafted Manziel instead you wouldn't call it a reach????
probably would have been more if a reach.. Exciting sure but probably not the QB we were looking for.
Quote:probably would have been more if a reach.. Exciting sure but probably not the QB we were looking for.

Your user name seems just as telling as ManzielInTeal's...

Yes you are
Quote:Everyone is saying we've had a great draft.   You didn't hear that when Gene Smith was running things.  

The success of this draft ultimately rests on the arm of Blake Bortles.  We aren't going to know if he's "the guy" until 2015, so in the mean time, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the game. 
When you screw up a #3 pick at qb it screws your  draft in the long run
listen to the pros and the mad dog

they have been pretty much spot on

the clique can go ahead and flame me for sideing with tmd but,

he,s pretty accurate and yall been banning him outta envy

yea I said it

Don't discount the idea that Dave & Gus are not just looking for talent, they are looking for players who have talent but who also fit a certain mindset and culture.  I think the team can gel quickly under Gus's leadership.

Quote:listen to the pros and the mad dog

they have been pretty much spot on

the clique can go ahead and flame me for sideing with tmd but,

he,s pretty accurate and yall been banning him outta envy

yea I said it
he's usually not but he's been rather pleasant to talk too lately.