Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Titans draft Mettenberger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just when I am starting to feel good about our draft, the Titans get Mettenberger in the 6th round.  What a steal. Sighhhhh

Steal? He's a medical red-flag who's ceiling is a mid-tier NFL backup

Quote:Steal? He's a medical red-flag who's ceiling is a mid-tier NFL backup

He was a guy a lot of people had as one of the top 5 qbs.  Has a great arm played in a pro style offense.  If he can get past the injuries he could be a solid starter.
A medical injury red flag concern replacing another medical injury red flag concern..  Only difference is the new comer also has rumors of a drug problem.

TMD approves though, so you're good Titan fans. Smile Don't fret.

Quote:He was a guy a lot of people had as one of the top 5 qbs.  Has a great arm played in a pro style offense.  If he can get past the injuries he could be a solid starter.

If he can't get past injuries in college, I don't see how he's gonna avoid them in the pros!
Quote:Steal? He's a medical red-flag who's ceiling is a mid-tier NFL backup

He's a statue. Reminds me of Kerry Collins. He'll be a good stationary target for the Jags' pass rushers. 

Quote:He's a statue. Reminds me of Kerry Collins. He'll be a good stationary target for the Jags' pass rushers.
or the texans
Quote:A medical injury red flag concern replacing another medical injury red flag concern..  Only difference is the new comer also has rumors of a drug problem.

TMD approves though, so you're good Titan fans. Smile Don't fret.

LOL @ Texan fan talking smack...
An ACL for a pocket QB is of little concern, the drug test thing is probably more worrisome. The Titans got a high-ceiling, big-armed, pro-style QB who played tough games in a nationally regarded program. I wanted the guy for us here.

Quote:An ACL for a pocket QB is of little concern, the drug test thing is probably more worrisome. The Titans got a high-ceiling, big-armed, pro-style QB who played tough games in a nationally regarded program. I wanted the guy for us here.

Me too, Had we been able to get Mettenberger in the 6th round to back up Bortles would have been sweet. One of those 2 pretty much had to pan out, or at least thats how I saw having both. 
I don't see Mettenberger ever panning out.  There are so many red flags, that even if he doesn't, the odds are certainly not good.  I hope he does though, I never wish for a prospect to fail.  However I don't see it.  If he didn't have size he'd never be drafted.

Mettenberger and Locker are just keeping Marcus Mariota's seat warm

Quote:Mettenberger and Locker are just keeping Marcus Mariota's seat warm

Certainly possible. 
Quote:LOL @ Texan fan talking smack...

So the guy who freely admits he didn't own up to when he is wrong until recently is going to try to decide who gets to "talk smack"..  LOL @ you trying to talk smack...

Quote:So the guy who freely admits he didn't own up to when he is wrong until recently is going to try to decide who gets to "talk smack"..  LOL @ you trying to talk smack...

:unsure: .....Is that English?
locker > mett, but either way I hope all the red flags keep happening. 2 years from now the jaguars should own this division. The best drafting in the AFC south is being done by the jaguars.

Did he plead guilty to sexual battery?
Quote:If he can't get past injuries in college, I don't see how he's gonna avoid them in the pros!

Well first off, he shouldn't get too much playing time this year.

Secondly, if he does, the titans appear to be well stocked at the tackle spots.  Roos and Lewan are a good pair, assuming Lewan can adjust to the right side.  
Quote:locker > mett, but either way I hope all the red flags keep happening. 2 years from now the jaguars should own this division. The best drafting in the AFC south is being done by the jaguars.

The Texans had a pretty good draft in their own right, although I think Savage will prove to be a huge bust.
He had so much talent around him.. he should have been lighting it up at LSU. 

Pages: 1 2