Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith is the pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Local guy, great talent, rumored failed drug test.

Nice speed.  We needed a LB.

Love the pick
Solid pick but he did apparently have some drug problems and we have enough Noles then I can bare. lol
"It's a steal!" - Kiper
Core special teamer.

From NFL.com

fast-flowing, instinctive, run-and-hit weakside linebacker capable of producing at a high level if he can bulk up and withstand the rigors of the NFL. Has All-Pro potential in a scheme such as the Buccaneers or Cowboys.
Dude solo tackles everyone. Thats the kind of player i like no help needed i got this Telvin Smith.
Plays alot stronger than his 220 weight
Can he become our Chancellor?
From what I've seen, he struggles to get off blocks and overruns and misses a ton of sideline tackles.

YES! Can't believe no other teams took him yet. Big mistake NFL.

Hey Bullseye.....Telvin Smith = Todd Bell?

I love this draft. So, so, so, so much.

A playmaking undersized linebacker with incredible athleticism, I love the pick. He fell in the draft because he's only 220 LBS and failed a drug test at the combing, many thought he'd go in the 2nd round.
Great pick for the 5th round. 

I like the speed and heart but he's gonna bulk up in order to play linebacker. I wonder if he could play FS?
Quote:From NFL.com

fast-flowing, instinctive, run-and-hit weakside linebacker capable of producing at a high level if he can bulk up and withstand the rigors of the NFL. Has All-Pro potential in a scheme such as the Buccaneers or Cowboys.

I agree with this, Derek Brooks slipped in the draft because of his size, but had incredible athleticism and instincts, those type of guys thrive in the Tampa 2.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him converted to a FS
He's our WLB, no doubt in my mind. He is going to be coming into an NFL weight room with NFL strength coaches, you don't need to be 250 to play there. 218/220 lbs is a bit light, but if he can get up to 225-230 maybe, he'll be fine.

This guy is a playmaker, FANTASTIC pick, one of my favorite picks of this draft...although everyone has been pretty damn good. Not often do I not question any of the picks, but this year, I don't.

Pages: 1 2 3