Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Love the draft however.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We still have no good choice at center. But love the fact we have a real qb and some more wideouts.
Bradley said yesterday that Brewster showed up bigger and stronger recently, and that they believe in him at Center. We're going defense unless we get incredible value that falls I bet. This is where Seattle finds the gems, i'm sure Bradley is trying to do the same.

I agree, Im waiting for them to draft a center.

Quote:This is where Seattle finds the gems, i'm sure Bradley is trying to do the same.
Case in point colvin. I'm seeing that after he tore his acl, Bradley told him 'I'm still gonna come get you'
Quote:We still have no good choice at center. But love the fact we have a real qb and some more wideouts.

We have more holes than there are draft choices. Can't fix everything in one year. 
Quote:I agree, Im waiting for them to draft a center.

After the big run last night on G/C that prompted them to trade up last night, the guy you get at C at this point in the draft may not be the best value or any better than the guys they already have.

After last year's draft and this year I trust their grades on guys. If they thought a difference maker was there at C they would've picked one already IMO.
I'm a firm believer in the BAP philosophy, and not in the "BAP that plays a position that we need" philosophy,  I think that the center position will work itself out.

Quote:I'm a firm believer in the BAP philosophy, and not in the "BAP that plays a position that we need" philosophy, I think that the center position will work itself out.

That's fine but Caldwell is a needs drafter so he is seeking specific positions
He may believe there is nothing to be done about Center this year, so why trot out Bortles.  Send Henne in to take the beating, maybe even as punishment for shoddy QB play.  He's making way too much sense.  I say wait til next year on the Center.

Brewster will be fine for next year. He's just as good as anyone you'll get in the draft at this point.

Brewster gets a chance this year. If he rises to the challenge , great. If not center is a priority next off-season with many less needs to fill with picks and still a lot of money to spend in FA. Before 2015, the line will be solidified.
I don't think we could draft a center that is better than Brewster (who already knows the offense) right now. It's going to be Henne starting the season so if Brewster sucks it won't matter all that much and we can target a center in the top 2 rounds next year or go after a big one in FA.

They will bring in Centers when the draft is over. Undrafted Free Agents.  Cant get It all in 1yr. We only have 1 position of question in Center. As long as we get guys to compete for the center position I am cool with that. Loving how this is playing out.

#Compete

Tyler Larsen been selected yet?

Quote:Tyler Larsen been selected yet?

Nope. I bet he's gone before we pick again though
I've been critical of Brewster at guard where he's played poorly.  I am still skeptical about him as a starting center, but I like hearing he's putting on weight/strength.  

Center is still the weak link on the line until he proves otherwise. I hope he can pull it off.  Now's the time! 

Quote:That's fine but Caldwell is a needs drafter so he is seeking specific positions

Caldwell @ this point is a Needs Drafter. When our roster get full of talent he'll become an BAP Drafter...

NH3...
Indeed. Gotta have a baseline of talent before you can pick BAP or luxury. We are getting there.

Agree with that. No baseline yet. You have to have impact players on the roster to really Draft BAP through out the Draft. I think the Saints may pick up a center. T. Larsen, J. Harrison are still on the board for right now. OL & DL could be what we target next.

Quote:That's fine but Caldwell is a needs drafter so he is seeking specific positions

Why is it that our two previous GMs claimed to be BAP guys and ended up drafting mostly for need, while Caldwell claims to be a needs drafter yet has picked BAP in just about every round?

As a BAP purist, I'm not complaining. Smile

Pages: 1 2