Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell reminds me of teams like seattle, SF, NE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Drafting lots of talented players. Picking up players that may need a year but will play big in the future plans. He's got me really excited about 2015. Patience is a virtue.

E
I know you're saying but I want them win now as well...!
I don't know what you're talking about, those 3 teams wheel and deal all over the draft. He's like Gene Smith, claiming BAP but targets certain players and either stays put or trades up. Hes better at evaluating talent and Gene just tried to find small school stars cause it was easier to know where he could get them. Caldwell comes from ATL where they're more aggresive about who they go after and more calculating. I'll stop now cause I've already cracked the code and I don't want to spoil the draft for you.

He's doing it right. The beginning stages will be a bit rough, but once our team is together and we're still drafting guys like this to develop, we'll consistently have talented players there in case of injury or whatever.

We don't have the luxury of a playoff team to watch while this group develops. Just wait. We're excited for 2015 and on now. Wait until 2016/17 when we should be making deep runs and STILL drafting guys like these.