Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A really good article on why the Jags (and other teams) covet Blake Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That good you posted it thrice  :pirate:

Every Jag fan needs to read this article.  Very cool.  Isn't it amazing how much has to happen just to find 1 guy?  Crazy.

Quote:Every Jag fan needs to read this article.  Very cool.  Isn't it amazing how much has to happen just to find 1 guy?  Crazy.

It's crazy man, a lot of resources go into the process, that's what I said yesterday, trust the guys that are spending thousands of hours evaluating these guys, they usually know what they're doing. Blake Bortles is clearly a guy that is coveted in NFL circles, Ian Rapaport reported the Patriots would've taken him in the 1st round if he fell to them, the Jaguars (finally) seem to have a franchise QB on the roster.
I like fact it was consensus among everyone in the war room, where everyone did their own draft evaluation. Bortles fits best into the system.
That was a great read!  Thanks.

Beautiful article, thanks for posting!
Quote:That was a great read!  Thanks.

It make a fan appreciate how much work goes on behind the scenes.
Quote:It make a fan appreciate how much work goes on behind the scenes.
In order to try to gain insight into Caldwell's approach, I read "War Room," a book that goes into the Belichick tree's ways of drafting/FO moves.

I don't remember any approach in that book so intricate.

But I was impressed.
Of course, the REAL talent evaluators chime in through their comments. Lol
Yeah, after reading that it sure illustrates just how uniformed and pathetic my first night ramblings about the pick truly were. Consider me embarrassed and humbled. :ermm:

Quote:Yeah, after reading that it sure illustrates just how uniformed and pathetic my first night ramblings about the pick truly were. Consider me embarrassed and humbled. :ermm:

Haha
"We got the word that other teams a couple picks back were coveting him"

BUT WHY DIDNT HE TRADE BACK AND STILL GET HIM THO

^serious?
I think not.

I hope not.

Quote:Yeah, after reading that it sure illustrates just how uniformed and pathetic my first night ramblings about the pick truly were. Consider me embarrassed and humbled. :ermm:
Dude...........Please

You, TMD, Krazy, JT, the list goes on and on of passionate and sometimes impatient Jaguar Fans have endured the darfts of the past.

Ya'll have every right to doubt based on previous ownership and staff.

It is obvious from this article and even Dave's presser statement's that we are now a professional, methodical, metric driven, crosscheck football business that is building for the future. Now that the truth and plan is evident and we didn't reach for Billy Bob Squamish from North Central Western Idaho Potato Institute, it feels good. It's great for you to scratch your head and say, Huh, that's why they did that and not still be scratching your head 3 years later.

Now think about this, the fact that Bradley came over to Aaron Colvin after the ACL at the Senior Bowl and said "I'm coming for you" are actions that are not ever forgotten. When we extend invites to UFDA's, in a couple of hours you already know the word has gotten out that their is something going on here. We will have our choice of the Cream of the Crop and Veterans will know that these guys will bleed from the ears for a pactise squad slot.

GO JAGS

HeadSlap
Good read I think we made a well thought out choice based on what they had in front of them. Now all that needs to happen is to have him come out and play well any draft choice can be scrutinized after the facts,but until they play they can all be boom or bust.

Thank you......a MUST read for all fans
Pages: 1 2