Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jacksonville's Deep Pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice read on the lead up to selecting Bortles.

It's the week of the draft, and Caldwell has yet to tell anyone Bortles is his man. Finally, two days before the draft, he breaks down and tells his wife. No one else outside the building knows, and his scouting staff still does not know. Even Bortles has no clue how much he is coveted.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/749...les#!LLHhc

I like it. 

Really starting to get positive vibes about the direction of this regime. 

They are starting to earn my respect. (not that that means anything to anyone else). 

If they allow Bortles to develop for a year or even two it will play huge dividends. I'm petty excited.
I too am starting to trust caldwell more and more. He does business like a true NFL GM and is outside the box with some moves. The move he made last season announcing cuts early and essentially getting a draft pick for it was just brilliance.

And now, He played every single one of us with all the pre-draft interviews but did so without straight up lying. 

I don't know if this guy takes this franchise to the superbowl but I sure as hell am rooting for him to do a good job.

Quote:I like it. 

Really starting to get positive vibes about the direction of this regime. 

They are starting to earn my respect. (not that that means anything to anyone else). 
i like the new mad dog
Quote:i like the new mad dog
To be to fair to TMD, he always has logic behind his opinions and will always explain them.

Some people on here just type nonsense for the sake of getting a rise out of it.