Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: From the USA Today-Day 2 Winners and Losers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More from CNNSI/MMQB on Bortles and the FO strategy...

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/09/nfl-draft-...e-jaguars/

From Sporting News Vinny Iyer...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/20...s-seahawks

Nice write up by Don Banks

Quote:Nice write up by Don Banks
Yeah, here's small sample:

The arrow continues to point upward for the Jaguars under Bradley and general manager David Caldwell, and some will undoubtedly tab them as an ascending team to watch in terms of playoff contention this season. I'm not ready to buy Jacksonville being ready to end the franchise's six-year postseason drought just yet, but its early draft haul helps build on the momentum of the Jaguars winning four of their last eight games in 2013 after a galling 0-8 start (4-12 overall record).

I've pointed this out before, but the Jaguars finally have a plan that has a chance to succeed, and they're starting to build a nucleus of talent that I believe will eventually be part of a pretty sweet turnaround story in Northeast Florida. The Jaguars aggressively attacked their weaknesses on the first two nights of this year's draft, and the makings of honest-to-goodness offensive strength are starting to show.
Quote:Yeah, here's small sample:

The arrow continues to point upward for the Jaguars under Bradley and general manager David Caldwell, and some will undoubtedly tab them as an ascending team to watch in terms of playoff contention this season. I'm not ready to buy Jacksonville being ready to end the franchise's six-year postseason drought just yet, but its early draft haul helps build on the momentum of the Jaguars winning four of their last eight games in 2013 after a galling 0-8 start (4-12 overall record).

I've pointed this out before, but the Jaguars finally have a plan that has a chance to succeed, and they're starting to build a nucleus of talent that I believe will eventually be part of a pretty sweet turnaround story in Northeast Florida. The Jaguars aggressively attacked their weaknesses on the first two nights of this year's draft, and the makings of honest-to-goodness offensive strength are starting to show.

Again, I have to remember this stuff isn't guaranteed.

But it's nice to think, even at this early stage, people who are not Jaguars fans can see good things happening this offseason.