Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best prospects left for day 3 of draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
One I know is still available is CB Pierre Desir....I'd like it if we could snag him at 114....but chances are he'll be gone...

I'm probably in the minority, but I also wouldn't mind QB Aaron Murray. I have wanted us to take 2 QB in this draft all along, and he'd be a nice developmental QB as well as potential better backup than Henne down the line. 

If we have to keep 3 QB on the roster for this one year (2014) to make it happen, then I'd do it, Just carry one less RB to make up for it. 

Also, don't forget at the end of the draft tomorrow, the Jags will shortly be announcing the UDFA's we signed as well. 

Telvin smith
Desir is by far the BAP IMO. I thought he was a late day one early day two talent.

Aaron Murray would be a steal. He could be our Kirk Cousins.

Desir would be excellent on special teams much like Harris in the dime.

Also Id like to see us get a PR and a RB in the same pick. We must get Toby a change of pace back.
Telvin Smith. Maybe a running back.
Chris Smith

Brock Vereen

Walt Aikens

Caraun Reid

Carl Bradford

For defensive prospects
Quote:One I know is still available is CB Pierre Desir....I'd like it if we could snag him at 114....but chances are he'll be gone...

I'm probably in the minority, but I also wouldn't mind QB Aaron Murray. I have wanted us to take 2 QB in this draft all along, and he'd be a nice developmental QB as well as potential better backup than Henne down the line. 

If we have to keep 3 QB on the roster for this one year (2014) to make it happen, then I'd do it, Just carry one less RB to make up for it. 

Also, don't forget at the end of the draft tomorrow, the Jags will shortly be announcing the UDFA's we signed as well. 
I don't think you are in the minority. Nothing wrong with picking up a valuable backup here. Worst case he stays a backup until his contract expires. Best case he gets some play time, lights it up, and either becomes a stud or garners a couple picks.
McCullerscould be our future NT
Keith McGill, Daniel McCullers, Pierre Desir, Storm Johnson, Lache Seatrunk all guys I wouldn't mind seeing in the 4th and 5th rounds.
Quote:McCullerscould be our future NT

Great minds think alike :thumbsup:
Jay Prosch FB is a guy i think we should take in the 6th. Another starter and a beast blocker. He can lead the way for Toby
Shayne Skov

Daquan Jones

Keith McGill

Carl Bradford

Justin Ellis

Daniel McCullers
Andre Williams - RB. No rush on him though, as there's still some depth at RB in draft.

Christian Jones - LB

Purifoy - Stock trending down, but Gus seems to know how to develop secondary. I'd take a flyer on him.

And since all the QBs seem to be dropping. If he's still there in round 5 or 6...Brett Smith

Jaylen Watkins is sitting there as well. Lots of good CBs left still.
Quote:Jaylen Watkins is sitting there as well. Lots of good CBs left still.

This is the guy I want.
Quote:This is the guy I want.

Fits the system well. Also like his teammate, Ronald Powell.
Quote:This is the guy I want.

And IIRC Gus Bradley was raving about him during the senior bowl practices.

Should we pencil him in as a lock to be a Jaguar on day 3?
Andre Williams pleeeeeeeeeeease! !!

And Purifoy!
The Redskins drafted Cousins the same year they took RGIII and that worked out pretty well for them, so there is nothing wrong with picking up another QB if he is the BAP on the Jag's board.

Why would any of you cite Kirk Cousins as reasons to take two QBs? How has that worked for Washington? Neither have done much, there has been unnecessary QB controversy, and when Cousins finally got his "shot", he crapped down his leg.

I am all for drafting another QB to increase our odds of one of the two being a "franchise QB", but citing Washinton's situation isn't very smart.
Pages: 1 2 3