Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The "Set UP"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know, the title sounds deceptive. What the first 3 picks tells me is that this team was being honest all along about setting up the Jags for a HUGE push in 2015. They got the QB, and also got the WRs. Sure, WRs can be good out of the gate, but typically, you see the return in the second year with a majority of those guys.

I am not implying that the team won't be better this upcoming season, because I think they will. However, I don't think the returns will be truly evident until the 2015 season. If this all plays out like I think it will, I think we have one hell of a staff on our hands. Caldwell could be a super genius if he's thinking a year out with these picks, and while the immediate returns may not be evident. the momentum will be unstoppable one year down the road.

I believe this, and if this is indeed what is happening, I love it and absolutely endorse it 100%. :thumbsup:

Its fun to think about.. especially if guys from last years draft improve even more I.e cyp, drob, ace. I still think drob can be a home run hitter we just gotta give him a little time. Add in this years picks and boom!
Time will tell
2015 is looking like a really great time to be a Jags fan right about now.

Yeah, I can agree with that. 2014 will be the prequel year to the true break out in 2015. 

I think you're spot on. Next year gets us the last few pieces, 2015 is when we make the push.

2015 is going to be awesome! 

2015 Draft will be the draft of the defense. 

What push?  Have you looked at our defense?  We have no D-Line (basically patched up with leftovers from other teams), our LB's... outside Poz we have no one else, Secondary is decent at best and have a lot to prove.  On offense we have no center yet, unproven RB, question marks at guard, LT coming of major injury... Should I keep going?
Quote:What push?  Have you looked at our defense?  We have no D-Line (basically patched up with leftovers from other teams), our LB's... outside Poz we have no one else, Secondary is decent at best and have a lot to prove.  On offense we have no center yet, unproven RB, question marks at guard, LT coming of major injury... Should I keep going?
 I went out to eat tonight.  I ordered my steak cooked rare.  The middle was cooked just right, but the outside was seared and kinda brown.  It really wasn't that rare at all on the outside.   So, I guess it sucked. 
Quote:What push?  Have you looked at our defense?  We have no D-Line (basically patched up with leftovers from other teams), our LB's... outside Poz we have no one else, Secondary is decent at best and have a lot to prove.  On offense we have no center yet, unproven RB, question marks at guard, LT coming of major injury... Should I keep going?
I agree about the defense. I also haven't seen Cyp, Gratz, and others play their second season, which is the telling season. So, I have no idea what the defense will look like. I like Bryant, Marks returns and is the best current d-lineman, and Poz is the consummate professional. Those are all positives. I think there are huge voids on defense still, and completely agree with you. What made me pull my hair out more than anything is the lack of the ability to stop the other team on 3rd down. I don't think the Jags have changed that whatsoever, even with the FA signings. That's why I want to see a splash with a LB or two and more O-linemen taken with the remaining picks. I think we agree more than we disagree here. Smile
I think 2015 is little optimistic.  More like 2016-17 once we build depth (specially on defense).   :thumbsup:

Quote:I think 2015 is little optimistic.  More like 2016-17 once we build depth (specially on defense).   :thumbsup:
that would putnBortles in his 3rd year and on parcourse for top QBs.
At first I'm shocked to see TMD give a positive post and get happy, then you had to be the ONE PERSON to ruin the thread. 

You need to crawl into the fetal position of your garage's darkest and most deepest corner, and think about what you just did. 
Quote:I think 2015 is little optimistic.  More like 2016-17 once we build depth (specially on defense).   :thumbsup:
I agree 100%...2015 will be Bortles rookie year.  2016/17  is more realistic. What I love is how long term this is all starting to feel like. The core of this team are SO young. ?.if they develop as projected then this team could FINALLY be a perennial contender.  Do I dare to dream...?

I think in 2015........is when we begin to scare people.......2016-17......playoffs......can we win our division?
Things are looking up and Caldwell is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. Next year will be a very important year for the Jaguars and I sincerely hope that they stick to their plan of keeping Bortles on the bench for 2014. Let the kid learn how to be a pro on the bench this year and hand him the keys to the franchise next season. We keep adding the right talent and this team has a real shot to be a contender in two years.

Quote:I know, the title sounds deceptive. What the first 3 picks tells me is that this team was being honest all along about setting up the Jags for a HUGE push in 2015. They got the QB, and also got the WRs. Sure, WRs can be good out of the gate, but typically, you see the return in the second year with a majority of those guys.

I am not implying that the team won't be better this upcoming season, because I think they will. However, I don't think the returns will be truly evident until the 2015 season. If this all plays out like I think it will, I think we have one hell of a staff on our hands. Caldwell could be a super genius if he's thinking a year out with these picks, and while the immediate returns may not be evident. the momentum will be unstoppable one year down the road.

I believe this, and if this is indeed what is happening, I love it and absolutely endorse it 100%. :thumbsup:

They've always been steady (and truthful too) about their long-term vision for the team. While that's great, I don't know if I can sit through another 4-6 win season with only the promise of next year to get me through it.
We have a GM who is trying to build for the future by trading draft picks?  Dont think that makes very much sense :/