Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: WRs Lee & Robinson making Bortles pick much sexier?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From the reactions Ive seen regarding DC picking Lee AND Robinson, it looks like most people are much more on board with the Bortles pick.

I love it. Come together guys, we are able to take off on a fun ride!

They just said on NFL Network that the Patriots had Bortles as their #1 QB and would have selected him in the 1st if they could have to replace Tom Brady in a couple of years.

Yes I do like the Bortles pick a hell of a lot more. He's got some legitimate weapons, now we need to protect Bortles. Whether that's building the offensive line or building the defense.
Quote:From the reactions Ive seen regarding DC picking Lee AND Robinson, it looks like most people are much more on board with the Bortles pick.

I love it. Come together guys, we are able to take off on a fun ride!

its not a pick for this year, so people might now like it

The reason I like it is because if the Jags are in this position next year anyways, then they get 1 year of Bortles getting experience. Then next year they can take an immediate impact player and you don't have to waste 1 more year getting a new QB ready for the NFL.

Quote:They just said on NFL Network that the Patriots had Bortles as their #1 QB and would have selected him in the 1st if they could have to replace Tom Brady in a couple of years.
Of course, the Patriots' front office doesn't know anything about QBs, do they?
i give JAGUARS  DRAFT SOO FAR  A+++

Loved Bortles to begin with. The receivers on the roster now remind me of the cast he was surrounded with at UCF, at least in the type of receivers. Breshad Perriman = Allen Robinson - Bigger guy who can out-muscle dbs vertically. Ranell Hall = Marqise Lee - Quick receiver who will take the short hitches, screens, and drag routes and turn them into big gains. JJ Worton = CS3 - Good sized receiver that you can count on to make a tough catch to move chains.

Bortles has shown he can make special things happen with these kinds of playmakers around him.

Does Chad throw for 4k this year?
Quote:Does Chad throw for 4k this year?

Chad who? LOL
i am def more on board... i love this draft now

Quote:They just said on NFL Network that the Patriots had Bortles as their #1 QB and would have selected him in the 1st if they could have to replace Tom Brady in a couple of years.

I could have misheard, but didn't the NFL Network also say tonight that the Browns were all set to take Bortles at 4, but Jax took him. I could have sworn I heard them say that tonight at some point. 
Caldwell had to see the jacket again. We had no choice but to trade up
Quote:i am def more on board... i love this draft now

Me too. 

I was a little skeptical about the Lee choice, when I thought it was in lieu of a bigger WR, but then we added Robinson too, and now it makes me really like the Lee pick, as the 2 now compliment each other. 
Quote:Me too. 

I was a little skeptical about the Lee choice, when I thought it was in lieu of a bigger WR, but then we added Robinson too, and now it makes me really like the Lee pick, as the 2 now compliment each other. 

yep.. if bortles ends up being a competent nfl starter, this is a stud draft

these 2 wr's are our starting outside wr's for years to come
I like Bortles pick a lot more now then yesterday.  I hope to God they pick C next. 

Quote:yep.. if bortles ends up being a competent nfl starter, this is a stud draft

these 2 wr's are our starting outside wr's for years to come

Yep and the 2 WR's will contribute to help make Bortles look better as it all works together. 

I haven't liked a day one/ two Jags draft this much in a long time. 

Its funny how when the pieces come together, the sum of the parts looks much better than say each single player individually, as evidenced by the skepticism of the Bortles pick at first. 

Quote:I could have misheard, but didn't the NFL Network also say tonight that the Browns were all set to take Bortles at 4, but Jax took him. I could have sworn I heard them say that tonight at some point. 

I dont know if that was said on NFL Network but I heard that as well.  Once we took Bortles, they were open to trade down.

I didn't hear this but if true, this is mighty high praise for the Bortles pick.

I might not like those Patriots, but I sure do respect how they run an NFL franchise.
Grabbing a couple weapons this year is good news for Bortles. Once he steps in next year he'll already have a good relationship with the guys around him while also bringing in more talent during next years draft. Lets bring in Storm Johnson as well.

I hope we get a new TE as well.  Add a little to the O-line.  Our offense could go from 32nd to Top 15 or better in a year.  And RB would be good too -- though that may have to wait.

Pages: 1 2