Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dare I say..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jalen Ramsey just might be the next #1 corner in this league.. I hate to say this so early but my god I've not seen this type of elite play from a jaguar since I've been watching them (since 05) Last week against Houston there were so many huge plays made by this kid and it's just so exciting to watch. That play where Hopkins caught the ball maybe a yard away from the first down and he just stone walled him was one of the best plays i've seen made by a Corner in my life.

Keep ballin Jalen!

Very Premature.  We will have to see what he does or don't do next year. 

Ky just had an aneurysm.

He's been rock solid. He's a rook
Let's let him string together more than one game like last week...

I believe that was the first time he has allowed less than half of the targets against him to be completed, and I also believe it was only the 2nd time his targeted against QB rating was under 100.

He's on his way to being A #1 corner, but THE #1 corner? Please just let him marinate for a while and we'll check back after maybe next year. 

Deion Sanders thinks Jalen will be one of the best by next year.

Top 5 for sure
I think Ramsey has a legit shot at defensive ROY. Bosa would be his only real competition.

Yannick deserves consideration, but we all know he has no shot.

Quote:I think Ramsey has a legit shot at defensive ROY. Bosa would be his only real competition.

Yannick deserves consideration, but we all know he has no shot.

The Jaguars record is going to kill any chance they would have of recognition.
J.R. still has some growing up to do. He allows too many catches to be classified as an Shut Down CB. He'll continue to be our #1 CB that'll mirror the opposing team's WR but he's still marinating sort of speaking. He has the length, speed, physicality and the attitude to which makes for the ingredients to become that Shut Down corner but he's not there yet...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
Quote:.....That play where Hopkins caught the ball maybe a yard away from the first down and he just stone walled him was one of the best plays i've seen made by a Corner in my life.

Keep ballin Jalen!

that was to me the "Play of the Game."

Knocked hopkins on his butt out of bounds.....the look on his face was like huh?!

Jalen just walked away.
Now only if Myles Jack could get on the field full time

Quote:Let's let him string together more than one game like last week...

I believe that was the first time he has allowed less than half of the targets against him to be completed, and I also believe it was only the 2nd time his targeted against QB rating was under 100.

He's on his way to being A #1 corner, but THE #1 corner? Please just let him marinate for a while and we'll check back after maybe next year.

Yes sir. We will do as you say master.
I think he can with a improved pass rush

Quote:Now only if Myles Jack could get on the field full time
You can't take playing time away from Skuta though! He is too important to stopping the run.......
He's a top 5 corner.
Dumb thread is dumb.

Top 5 maybe.

Quote: I've not seen this type of elite play from a jaguar since I've been watching them (since 05)

Stroud, Henderson, Mojo, Mathis, D.Smith, Poz had some great seasons, Robinson last year, Reggie Hayward had 1 good season... I am probably missing some.

I really don't see that much difference between Mathis rookie season vs Ramsey's.

As always people in here cling to the decent players on this team and start calling ALL PRO's, GOAT's etc it's pretty pathetic really.

Quote:Dumb thread is dumb.

Top 5 maybe.

Stroud, Henderson, Mojo, Mathis, D.Smith, Poz had some great seasons, Robinson last year, Reggie Hayward had 1 good season... I am probably missing some.

I really don't see that much difference between Mathis rookie season vs Ramsey's.

As always people in here cling to the decent players on this team and start calling ALL PRO's, GOAT's etc it's pretty pathetic really.
Umm, it's not just people here that are saying this stuff about Ramsey.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films just said that was the best CB v. WR matchup (Ramsey v. Hopkins) he has seen all year. I think we all know who got the better of who as well.
Quote:Umm, it's not just people here that are saying this stuff about Ramsey.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films just said that was the best CB v. WR matchup (Ramsey v. Hopkins) he has seen all year. I think we all know who got the better of who as well.

Best matchup so? does that mean he is the best CB in the league? No.

Ramsey has the potential but he is not there yet, that's pretty obvious.
Quote:Best matchup so? does that mean he is the best CB in the league? No.

Ramsey has the potential but he is not there yet, that's pretty obvious.
No one has said he's the #1 corner in the NFL...literally no one.

Literally all this thread has said is he has the looks of it. Which is pretty hard to disagree with.

Ramsey is our best defensive player and I'd say Lee/Linder is our best offensive player.
Pages: 1 2