Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles - UCF Fan's Perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
 I’m a UCF alum so I will admit bias.

That being said I have watched every collegiate game that Bortles has played (30+).  The best way to describe him….he WINS. 

He never quits.  He does not get flustered.  He’s a leader.  He controls the huddle and the offense.  He’s the first one in the film room and the last one to leave.  He plays with a chip on his shoulder and finds a way to WIN.  Sure he makes mistakes.  Can you name a quarterback in the NFL that doesn’t? 

A lot of you here are not sure about this pick, but I’m telling you…you will love this kid.  There is no doubt in my mind he will lead the Jags to great things.  Be patient and enjoy the ride.

I like it!
How do you know he was the first and last to leave the film room?  Were you his bodyguard?

Man, here you go posting something sensible, going all against our arguments of a waiting period to post a new topic.

Positivity... I like it
Quote: I’m a UCF alum so I will admit bias.

That being said I have watched every collegiate game that Bortles has played (30+). The best way to describe him….he WINS.
He never quits. He does not get flustered. He’s a leader. He controls the huddle and the offense. He’s the first one in the film room and the last one to leave. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and finds a way to WIN. Sure he makes mistakes. Can you name a quarterback in the NFL that doesn’t?

A lot of you here are not sure about this pick, but I’m telling you…you will love this kid. There is no doubt in my mind he will lead the Jags to great things. Be patient and enjoy the ride.

Good stuff to hear. I have no doubt he'll convert the doubters once he's named the starter.
Quote: I’m a UCF
alum so I will admit bias.

That being said I have watched every collegiate game that Bortles TEBOW
has played (30+).  The best way to describe him….he WINS. 

He never quits.  He does not get flustered.  He’s a leader.  He controls the huddle and the offense.  He’s the first one in the film room and the last one to leave.  He plays with a chip on his shoulder and finds a way to WIN.  Sure he makes mistakes.  Can you name a quarterback in the NFL that doesn’t? 

A lot of you here are not sure about this pick, but I’m telling you…you will love this kid.  There is no doubt in my mind he will lead the Jags to great things.  Be patient and enjoy the ride.

I just had a flashback  -- just kidding.  I'm ok with the pick.  I watched a lot of games.  He remains calm and is pretty solid overall.   He'd be in the top 2 picks if he came out next year (along with Winston).  If we get a Matt Ryan or Big Ben  I'll be happy.