Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Just Stop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NO ONE knows how Bortles will play out. NO ONE. 

So you can be either excited and go with glass half full and go with positive energy, or stamp your feet have a hissy and whine on about how this is a losing franchise, bad pick, woulda coulda shoulda.

This I told you so crap, after the fact...ie: Told you Gabbert would suck is getting old. Most here were happy with the pick and hoped for a brighter future. It wasnt to be.

Now we have a home state kid with plenty of upside. Lets go with it.

Its much more fun thinking this guy could be the guy we need, and that with a few weapons he'll be the next Big Ben or better. If not...we bite the big one again. Then we can complain.

But until then, I'll enjoy the ride, hope we finally turn the corner and have fun at games again. Most whiners dont go to games anyway, so I'll just offer a few crackers to go along with it and keep up the the contagious energy Gus brings, and hope it evolves into this team going from chumps to champs. It wont be overnight, but I also dont want a couple years either.

Let the games begin

I'm with you man, I'm pulling for this home grown kid to be the man. Kinda funny our future at QB is from our home state but not one of the big 3 schools.

Hopefully he can make an impact sooner then later I don't wanna suffer another full year under Henne.

Half the fans on this board:  "The glass is half-full!  WOO!  QB!"

Quarter of the fans on this board: "The glass is half-empty!  Gabbert 2.0!"

Quarter of the fans on this board: "The glass is broken.  I threw it away.  You all suck!  Bortles is worse than Gabbert, Caldwell is worse than Gene, and WHY DIDN'T WE SIGN THE PLAYER I WANTED?!  (insert crying emoticon because we apparently don't have one)

I'm glad all these Future GM's know just how Bortles will turn out before he plays a down in the NFL.  I hope they all submit their resumes to the next team that fires their GM.

Quote:Half the fans on this board:  "The glass is half-full!  WOO!  QB!"

Quarter of the fans on this board: "The glass is half-empty!  Gabbert 2.0!"

Quarter of the fans on this board: "The glass is broken.  I threw it away.  You all suck!  Bortles is worse than Gabbert, Caldwell is worse than Gene, and WHY DIDN'T WE SIGN THE PLAYER I WANTED?!  (insert crying emoticon because we apparently don't have one)

I'm glad all these Future GM's know just how Bortles will turn out before he plays a down in the NFL.  I hope they all submit their resumes to the next team that fires their GM.

You are so right!!
I dont agree with the pick but Im not gonna waste energy being mad until he doesnt play well. For now Im happy Dave got his pick of all the QBs. It even seems like CLE traded back because we took him (reports that they were "targeting Blake at 4" and they didnt even think about Johnny until later. 

So lets just sit back and see what happens.