Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What we have learned.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any player Dave makes an effort to praise, or any leaks by the media. You can cross those players off the list of who we would pick. 

No matter what the pick is, someone will get upset.

Qb matters most.
^this
He praised Joeckel and Fisher last season and those were the top two on his board.

I think someone on ESPN (I don't know who) said it very well... "It can't be Defense".  When he said that, I was expecting either a QB or Sammy Watkins.  Given that we didn't do much on Offense during the offseason, it seemed to signify that's where we'd be going with the 1st round.

Watt is scary. Watt + Clowney is scarier
Quote:Any player Dave makes an effort to praise, or any leaks by the media. You can cross those players off the list of who we would pick.

Yeah, that's solid logic.

I guess the report the other day saying Bortles took over the room when he met with the team didn't actually happen.
Quote:I think someone on ESPN (I don't know who) said it very well... "It can't be Defense".  When he said that, I was expecting either a QB or Sammy Watkins.  Given that we didn't do much on Offense during the offseason, it seemed to signify that's where we'd be going with the 1st round.

Defense got good enough in free agency. Draft is gonna be for points.
Dave is great at deflecting talk away from his actual target.  Basically, most of the pre-draft talk we heard was about Clowney, Mack, and Watkins, with a few mentions of Manziel. 

Unlike previous administrations, I trust Dave and his team and suspect Blake will be very successful.

Quote:Yeah, that's solid logic.

I guess the report the other day saying Bortles took over the room when he met with the team didn't actually happen.
Exactly. I think I've learned to stick with my gut and the most obvious answer based on where we pick and what Dave says are usually strong indicators where we will go.

We had no shot at Clowney.

Tackle was already addressed.

WR too deep.

Manziel too risky.

Teddy did not impress.

That leaves....Bortles.

They've been praising Bortles left and right.

Bortles at one point was considered the #1 pick.

Quotes about him taking over the room.

Just seems too obvious now. I was sure we had not shot though given The Texans state at QB.
They never really said anything. The assumption was always Watkins and Mack being the best on the board at 3.

I've learned we are still short-handed at WR and interior OL.

I learned that we drafted Bortles at #3.

I'm a good learner.

Quote:Watt is scary. Watt + Clowney is scarier
As much as the Bortles pick bothers me, I am somehow glad that it wasn't some deal to move up for Clowney. I think he will be ok, but nothing special.

Who is their 70 million dollar linebacker who nobody remembers anymore again? The USC guy. I can't even remember his name.

If I'm right that will be clown in a couple years. Derrick Harvey 2.0, but with average numbers. Nothing worth worrying too much about.