Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles pick A+ from CBS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its a good pick
Well, glad Prisco is happy I guess.

Dont tell the folks on this board.  Seems as though many here like wispy thin QBs with average arm strength.

Prisco also liked Gabbert. 

A QB needy team took the guy most people think was the best QB in the draft.
Watching the UCF game against Louisville.  Make no mistake, this guy is class A prospect.  He's big and strong and can stand tall in the pocket and take a hit.  Big arm and very accurate.  I'm excited about the pick, the question is if he can adapt mentally to the NFL game.  I think Caldwell will prove he's smarter then all of us message board experts after all.  LOL

6'5" >5'11"

Prisco has to get in good with the team now that he is becoming more irrelevant around here.

Quote:A QB needy team took the guy most people think was the best QB in the draft.

It's important not to overlook this logic.  Well put.
Quote:A QB needy team took the guy most people think was the best QB in the draft.
Obviously Dave thinks BB has the most upside and will be the best QB from this draft when all is said and done or he wouldn't have drafted him at #3.

Look at the way Teddy and Johnny Football are dropping. This should tell you what other teams think of them, especially QB needy teams who have passed on them.

Could Dave have moved down and still gotten BB?? Maybe? Probably? It would have been an even better pick if he could have, but we will never know.
His natural size is comparable to Gabbert. However, Bortles is not gunshy, moves UP through the pocket, eats hits in the face and still delivers the ball. Stuff Gabbert in a spread offense never ever encountered. #education. The only knock on this pick you can probably make to discredit it is either you're media blind or we should have traded back a few perhaps with Buffalo since they moved up.

Odd this thread is so empty. People are usually begging for media attention and we get an A+ from one of the bigger ones...

Quote:Odd this thread is so empty. People are usually begging for media attention and we get an A+ from one of the bigger ones...
The Johnny football fans to busy crying in the dark
Quote:Watching the UCF game against Louisville.  Make no mistake, this guy is class A prospect.  He's big and strong and can stand tall in the pocket and take a hit.  Big arm and very accurate.  I'm excited about the pick, the question is if he can adapt mentally to the NFL game.  I think Caldwell will prove he's smarter then all of us message board experts after all.  LOL
^^This
Quote:6'5" >5'11"
TRUTH
Got a B- by SI.com.  Knocked him for his lack of progression reads and not so elite arm strength. 

I don't like him. That's all I'll say.

Quote:Obviously Dave thinks BB has the most upside and will be the best QB from this draft when all is said and done or he wouldn't have drafted him at #3.

Look at the way Teddy and Johnny Football are dropping. This should tell you what other teams think of them, especially QB needy teams who have passed on them.

Could Dave have moved down and still gotten BB?? Maybe? Probably? It would have been an even better pick if he could have, but we will never know.
I think Cleveland would have taken him had we not.
I'm pumped about this dude.

Even more pumped his girlfriend could possibly be in Everbank on Sundays.

give her the new pool for the home opener.

Pages: 1 2