Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  For the fifth time and game this season, Andrew Catalon, former Jaguars, Raiders, and Notre Dame QB Steve Beuerlein, and former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Steve Tasker,  are announcing  an NFL On CBS game involving our Jaguars, when they host the Tennessee Titans at EverBank this Saturday afternoon, and televised locally on WJAX CBS Channel 47, live on HD.   :yes:  Smile  B)  :thumbsup:

WFOX Channel 30 is also televising both the Vikings @ Packers, and Buccaneers @ Saints, doubleheaders game in The NFL On FOX, live on HD.   ^_^

http://506sports.com/

We get so many games with the Catalon/Tasker/Buerlen team I have been wondering if that was by design. Do TV crews ask if they want to work at a certain game or cover  a specific team he likes to work at? Or does CBS give us the guys. nobody else wants simply because they suck and we suck?

Quote: We get so many games with the Catalon/Tasker/Buerlen team I have been wondering if that was by design. Do TV crews ask if they want to work at a certain game or cover  a specific team he likes to work at? Or does CBS give us the guys. nobody else wants simply because they suck and we suck?
You did not answer the question.

Quote:You did not answer the question.

That's because you answered you own question 
Obviously they are going to put there most garbage announcers to announce there most garbage team and least viewed team

Although I do expect a bit more viewership this week because we fired Gus and this is a huge game for the Titans

Quote:Obviously they are going to put there most garbage announcers to announce there most garbage team and least viewed team

Although I do expect a bit more viewership this week because we fired Gus and this is a huge game for the Titans

These are the same announcers that did both the Lions games against Tennessee and Jacksonville.   It's not surprising on this end that they are the team doing the Tennessee-Jacksonville game.  One positive about them being the announcers on the upcoming game is their familiarity with both teams.
Better that Solomon Wilcotts.

But that's about it.

Quote:These are the same announcers that did both the Lions games against Tennessee and Jacksonville. It's not surprising on this end that they are the team doing the Tennessee-Jacksonville game. One positive about them being the announcers on the upcoming game is their familiarity with both teams.

They are familiar with the Jaguars because CBS keeps assigning them to our games. I don't think any other team gets the same crew several consecutive weeks or what seems like half the season.

Are game commentators allowed to request certain Sunday afternoon games?
Quote:Better that Solomon Wilcotts.

But that's about it.

Yeah, he is bad. Also it is good Dan Dierdorf retired.
Quote:They are familiar with the Jaguars because CBS keeps assigning them to our games. I don't think any other team gets the same crew several consecutive weeks or what seems like half the season.

Are game commentators allowed to request certain Sunday afternoon games?

Chris Spielman and Charles Davis were the analysts on 3 straight Lions games  (  Eagles,  Rams, and Redskins ) earlier this season.   All were in Detroit.   Because I believe Chris Spielman is the best NFL TV analyst,   I was thrilled that by FOXs choice each of those weeks.   Since then though,  Spielman hasn't been chosen for a Lions game,  which is disappointing on this end.
Quote:Chris Spielman and Charles Davis were the analysts on 3 straight Lions games  (Eagles, Rams, and Redskins) earlier this season. All were in Detroit.  Because I believe Chris Spielman is the best NFL TV analyst,  I was thrilled that by FOXs choice each of those weeks. Since then though, Spielman hasn't been chosen for a Lions game, which is disappointing on this end.

I like Chris Spielman too, but only remember him as a college analyst. Is this his first year working at NFL games?
Quote:I like Chris Spielman too, but only remember him as a college analyst. Is this his first year working at NFL games?

In the regular season,  yes.  

However,  a while back,  Chris Spielman was the TV analyst for Lions pre-season games.......... which he was brought back for in 2016.   
Quote:  Chris Spielman and Charles Davis were the analysts on 3 straight Lions games  (  Eagles,  Rams, and Redskins ) earlier this season.   All were in Detroit.   Because I believe Chris Spielman is the best NFL TV analyst,   I was thrilled that by FOXs choice each of those weeks.   Since then though,  Spielman hasn't been chosen for a Lions game,  which is disappointing on this end.

Spielman is a very good analyst. He was great during college football games, and has done a good job so far doing NFL games.
Are these guys officially on the Jags' payroll now?

Quote:Spielman is a very good analyst. He was great during college football games, and has done a good job so far doing NFL games.

My favorite two analysts this decade are Mike Mayock and Chris Spielman.   I was very disappointed when the NFL decided to use CBS and ultimately NBC announcers on Thursday Night games,  which ended Mayock's stint as an NFL game analyst.  Mayock and Spielman have a keen awareness of what's happening in college football,   which is one key reason why they appeal to me on NFL games.   Charles Davis comes to mind as well.   They know the background of a larger number of NFL players than the typical NFL analyst. 
Quote:Are these guys officially on the Jags' payroll now?

It feels like the Jacksonville and Tennessee organizations split the salaries in half.  LOL