Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Grade our Current Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Offense: D-

Defense: C

Special Teams: B
Current roster including signed FA? 

Offense D

Defense C

ST's C+ (I'm not a big fan of the P or K) 

Offense: F

I can't really give a higher grade for the offense when we 1) don't have a quarterback, 2) have unproven tackles, 3) have an unproven running back, and 4) don't have much of a receiving corps at all. 

Defense: C+

I think the new additions along with it being the second year in the system for Cyprien will only help. Still a lot of holes, but it's a serviceable unit. 

STs: B-

I'm not a fan of Anger, and our return game is never anything to write home about. Scobee is easily a top-5 kicker. 
Offense D?

We had one of the worst offenses I've ever laid eyes on last year and we haven't done that much pre-draft to improve it. In fact we've lost as much as we've gained (new LG, RB & Joeckel back vs losing RG, C, RB and as of now zero games of JB)

Defense: C, with B potential pending a functional offense

Special Teams: B
Quote:Offense: F

I can't really give a higher grade for the offense when we 1) don't have a quarterback, 2) have unproven tackles, 3) have an unproven running back, and 4) don't have much of a receiving corps at all. 

Defense: C+

I think the new additions along with it being the second year in the system for Cyprien will only help. Still a lot of holes, but it's a serviceable unit. 

STs: B-

I'm not a fan of Anger, and our return game is never anything to write home about. Scobee is easily a top-5 kicker.

We're seeing things in the same light. On our special teams, don't forget we added Tandon Doss
I think the defense as a group, will be better. But we still need a ton of playmakers on that side of the ball too.

Offense: D ...worst WR corps in league, bad QB, and holes on the OL.

Defense: C ...addition of Bryant and Clemons should assist. 

Special Teams: B ...Anger and Scobee are good, return game should improve.

Overall: C- ...this team needs some good drafts.

Quote:Offense: D ...worst WR corps in league, bad QB, and holes on the OL.
 lol we arent even the worst wr corps in the AFC south. Hyperbole much?
No, it's not meant as hyperbole in my opinion.  With Blackmon suspended, it's an awful WR corps.

Quote:No, it's not meant as hyperbole in my opinion.  With Blackmon suspended, it's an awful WR corps.

But compared to Carolina we are the worst? They have nobody for Cam to throw the ball to. Compared to the Clots? Who have TY Hilton, a broken down dinosaur in Reggie Wayne and Nicks who has been done squat lately? Compared to the Jets? Eric Decker is their #1??

C'mon mannn.
Just a difference of opinion.  But, yes, without Blackmon, worst than Hilton, Wayne, and Nicks. 

Offense - "A" for Atrocity

Defense - "D" for Drowning in the other team score

Special teams - "C" for Can't take a kickoff back for a TD.

Quote:Just a difference of opinion.  But, yes, without Blackmon, worst than Hilton, Wayne, and Nicks. 

Oh yeah without Blackmon, sure. JB is still part of the team though that's why I'm counting him.
Defense: C - The additions have helped, but there are still holes that need to be addressed. 

Offense: D - We still have a huge hole at G and C on the line.  The receiving corps is in trouble with Blackmon out for the time being.  We still have Henne under the missing center.

Special Teams: C - We have a kicker and a punter.  Still, you can expect to see the special teams chalked full of youth this year, so I wouldn't expect them to be anything beyond middle of the road.

The draft, and the later free agency period will be critical in improving all of the above.  I think it's pointless to grade a team that's in the middle of being re-tooled.  We should identify a few critical pieces over the next few days, but there are still more holes than there are draft picks, so it'll be a work in progress when the lights at Radio City go dark on Saturday.

Offense: D - Still too much of a work in progress although it will be better than last year.

Defense: B - They will be a solid unit this year. With our schedule they could end up a top 10 unit.

Special Teams: A - Good kicker, good punter, and a bunch of young guys desperate to make an impression. I think we will kick a lot of field goals and have outstanding coverage.

Much like last year, I think the offense will be our Achilles heel. I think with our improved Defense, special teams, and a weak schedule, the offense will be functional enough to win a few more games than last year.

D overall.
Based on rostee

Offense: D-

Defense: D

Special teams: C

Coaching: B
Offense- D

Defense- C+ based on the last half of last season and the free agent signings.

Special Teams- C+ Todman is an underrated returner, we have quite a few plus coverage team guys (Reynolds, McCray, Tau'fou, added Watson and Ewing) and added Doss as a punt returner. Punter and kicker are both above average.
These grades are usually backward looking and tend to be a little on the pessimistic side because of human nature. With that said, I'll grade the current team this way...

Offense C- (this may improve depending on the draft)

Defense B (I believe we'll put a lot of pressure on the opposing offense with the FA upgrades and with the young guys in the secondary getting another year in Gus's system. The LB corps may be the weak link here, decent starters but not much depth and not the fastest group in the world.)

Special teams C (Caldwell will continue to add youth and speed to the roster which will benefit the coverage teams)

When Henne is your QB and you're rebuilding an already bad o-line and have no marquee players at all you're an F.

Defense: D

They play with effort and have some young pieces that could pan out, but right now they don't have anyone that makes an offense account for them.

Special teams: B

With a third round punter it'd better be good.

Pages: 1 2