Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Carrie Underwood to christen new videoboards debut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@jpshadrickAngrycarrieunderwood concert after @FulhamFC and @dcunited and videoboards debut July 26. Free admission for Jags season tix members #Jaguars

Nice perk for STHs.

http://www.jaguars.com/unveilevent/
Shad is the man.
This is awesome.  I just shared this on Facebook.

Do we get are same seats or how will they distribute the ticket seating ?

Quote:Do we get are same seats or how will they distribute the ticket seating ?

I'd imagine you're sitting in your season ticket seat. 

What makes me the most annoyed about the news stations announcing this on Facebook are the idiots that say this is being paid for with tax dollars.  They really have no clue where the money is coming from.  They are also too short sighted to realize how much more money the stadiums events bring to the city.  One guy even said the only event that generates any revenue all year is FL/GA....its just ignorance.

With that said....I'm not a huge country fan, but I went with my wife a few years back to see her in Orlando.  She puts on a pretty good show, and will veer off and cover some rock songs.  I'm actually pretty excited to go see the show, and the amazingness that those video boards put off.
I'm thinking it's not designated seating, but general admission similar to what we get for the scrimmage.

Khan is awesome

Quote:I'm thinking it's not designated seating, but general admission similar to what we get for the scrimmage.
Thats what I was thinking.
very cool, heard this on Gator Country coming in this morning to work. They where pimping the Jags hardcore was cool to hear.

As a country music fan I am thrilled...I read it on Facebook and had to go to Jaguars.com to check it out because it seemed too good to be true. Please let it be designated seating!!!

Quote:I'm thinking it's not designated seating, but general admission similar to what we get for the scrimmage.

I doubt it.  The scrimmage is typically opened for everyone (with the exception of last year)? I believe they're expecting a full house for this event, so designated seating makes sense.  I have seats 19 rows from the goal line - I'd me livid if I had to sit in the nosebleads for this. JMO.
For a show like this, they aren't going to let people on the field? Seems a bit odd that they wouldn't do that.

Quote:For a show like this, they aren't going to let people on the field? Seems a bit odd that they wouldn't do that.

Think of it more as a 75 minute halftime show.
Quote:Think of it more as a 75 minute halftime show.

So I'll have plenty of time to use the loo.
Season ticket holders are free. Will they sell to the general public as well to make up for what seats may be missing? Or just going to go with the season ticket holders? Anyone know?

I can just see the idiotic letters to the editor in the T-U complaining that this will cost taxpayer money to provide extra security.
Quote:I can just see the idiotic letters to the editor in the T-U complaining that this will cost taxpayer money to provide extra security.

Go look at the TU facebook page and all the news stations announcement.  It's typical near sighted Jacksonville idiots all over the place complaining.  Lets not forget how much money the events in that stadium raise....and lets also not forget the concerts or other events that can now be held at that stadium.  I mean they already pulled Carrie Underwood for a stadium show...whats next?
Quote:Go look at the TU facebook page and all the news stations announcement.  It's typical near sighted Jacksonville idiots all over the place complaining.  Lets not forget how much money the events in that stadium raise....and lets also not forget the concerts or other events that can now be held at that stadium.  I mean they already pulled Carrie Underwood for a stadium show...whats next?
What's Next.

Carrie and Whitney in a Jello..............ooops, this is a family fun zone

HeadSlap
Quote:What's Next.

Carrie and Whitney in a Jello..............ooops, this is a family fun zone

HeadSlap

Oh, that'll be a fun zone all right. And one made for making families!
No one would ever confuse me with a big country fan but I’m excited to go to this as well. Free soccer, a free concert, and the new boards for the first time – what’s not to like?

What are her hits? I may try to familiarize myself with a couple of them. Any crossover stuff? I find what country songs I do like are usually half country half pop.

Pages: 1 2