Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Off the cuff interview on many topics with Shad Khan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, I love shad khan even more than. He may even be more American than me..
Something tells me Shad Khan is not used to the laid-back attitude of the local elite.

Quote:Something tells me Shad Khan is not used to the laid-back attitude of the local elite.

Well there are in Jacksonville, shall we say, certain influences that don't think very highly of the kind of progressive thinking guys like Khan bring to the city.  It's a dynamic that you become very aware of after you've lived here for awhile.  Times seem to be changing for the better though in recent years.

The biggest mindset that needs to change in Jacksonville is the one which wants myriad city government services at no cost but pule and whine when they think their taxes are going to increase by a nickel a month.  Then they pull out the old 'corrupt city hall' argument to justify it.  My god, look at how much push back the scoreboards created.  Granted, I'm aware of the good ole boy network here, but it's slowly dying out and the people who complain need to start becoming more involved in oversight.  "Of the people, by the people, for the people."

Shad Khan is right, there is a vacuum in this city and it's going to take a monumental effort to change it.  With that being said, I think the next 20 years are going to be good for Jacksonville, and it will be spearheaded in part by Khan.

Get First Baptist out of downtown and it will explode with new business. That is all I have to say about that.

Oh yeah, the subject.....Mr Khan is a friggin rock star.

Quote:Get First Baptist out of downtown and it will explode with new business. That is all I have to say about that.

Oh yeah, the subject.....Mr Khan is a friggin rock star.

This.
These were some unexpected quotes. I've never took Khan as much of a public speaker but he's pretty witty.

Quote:1) A homeless guy in Detroit has more mojo than a millionaire in Jacksonville.

2) I'm always amazed when people bring up the high math scores in Korea, for instance. Well, if they were so good, why aren't they innovating?

3) It's very hard to get money out of China, it's very easy to invest money in China. It's almost like a roach motel, it goes in, but …