Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell would be "relatively surprised" if Blackmon plays next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/462271245749202944

Ouch. Sammy, are you listening? Ready to bring it to Jacksonville?

This is speculation from Caldwell. He has no idea what's happening with Blackmon because he hasn't talked to him. Blackmon hasn't even been in Jax. He's also not allowed to have any contact with him. He's just keeping the media busy. 

This may also be a smokescreen to get a team to trade up for Sammy Watkins. Why else would you release this information now, especially after saying the organization will stick with him until he gets better? 

Just because Blackmon won't be here, I don't think WR is a higher priority. This doesn't mean Watkins is a sure thing. The days will become longer as we get closer to the draft lol

GO JAGS!!

Quote:Just because Blackmon won't be here, I don't think WR is a higher priority. This doesn't mean Watkins is a sure thing. The days will become longer as we get closer to the draft lol

GO JAGS!!
No.. but you do have 1 less decent receiver on your roster. Shorts is not a #1, and Watkins is the closest to a sure thing as you'll get in this draft. 
Obviously he'd be relatively surprised, since he has said from the start that he's viewing Blackmon's return as a luxury. This really isn't anything new, but lol at all the fans of other teams on Twitter talking about "fixing Blackmon."

Its the same thing almost everyone has been saying. Jed Ficsh had similar comments on the radio last week.

Best case scenario
is Blackmon can begin playing again mid season.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/4/30/5667778/justin-blackmon-suspension-jaguars-return'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/4/30/5667778/justin-blackmon-suspension-jaguars-return</a>

But "indefinite suspension" means just that. Its up to Goodell on when, if at all, Blackmon will be given a final last chance.
Quote:This is speculation from Caldwell. He has no idea what's happening with Blackmon because he hasn't talked to him. Blackmon hasn't even been in Jax. He's also not allowed to have any contact with him. He's just keeping the media busy. 

Don't be so naive.

He knows that at this point, Blackmon "isn't close" (actual quote from the club) to returning.  I'm pretty sure he knows the process like the back of his hand, and knows what punishment the NFL is prepared to hand out whenever he completes that reinstatement process.

So instead of soiling yourself about it, you just might want to consider that Blackmon's probably not going to be back for a while.
I thought all he said was that "its a league issue"

Whatever it is, we should know by training camp. Im trying to be patient.
Quote:I thought all he said was that "its a league issue"

Whatever it is, we should know by training camp. Im trying to be patient.

That's what I heard as well. 1010 hasn't put it out on demand yet to confirm.

I didn't hear anything different from what we've heard previously related to Blackmon.  It's possible he made that comment at the luncheon today with the media.

Quote:This is speculation from Caldwell. He has no idea what's happening with Blackmon because he hasn't talked to him. Blackmon hasn't even been in Jax. He's also not allowed to have any contact with him. He's just keeping the media busy.

Oh you poor thing.

So young. So incredibly naive.
When I was 16/17 years old, I worked at the Lighthouse Grille in Jax Beach. I had dropped food off at Jimmy Smith's table once before, and fanboyed all over the place. Turns out that the manager knew Jimmy and his family, and a couple of days after the first cocaine story broke, the manager told me that Jimmy was coming back in that night, then asked me not to bring up the drug issue. I firmly told the manager that I wouldn't bring it up because I knew that it wasn't true, and that false positives happen all the time.

Isn't naivete a wonderful feeling?
This is such a tragedy. We need an offensive threat outside of Cecil. Sammy might actually happen. #FREEBLACKMON

Quote:Don't be so naive.

He knows that at this point, Blackmon "isn't close" (actual quote from the club) to returning.  I'm pretty sure he knows the process like the back of his hand, and knows what punishment the NFL is prepared to hand out whenever he completes that reinstatement process.

So instead of soiling yourself about it, you just might want to consider that Blackmon's probably not going to be back for a while.

Quote:When I was 16/17 years old, I worked at the Lighthouse Grille in Jax Beach. I had dropped food off at Jimmy Smith's table once before, and fanboyed all over the place. Turns out that the manager knew Jimmy and his family, and a couple of days after the first cocaine story broke, the manager told me that Jimmy was coming back in that night, then asked me not to bring up the drug issue. I firmly told the manager that I wouldn't bring it up because I knew that it wasn't true, and that false positives happen all the time.

Isn't naivete a wonderful feeling?

Quote:Oh you poor thing.

So young. So incredibly naive.

Lol. 'Naive'. 

If anything, you guys can call yourselves naive. 
Womp. Buying a jaguars jersey is the kiss of death..
Jarvis Landry in the fourth. Make it happen
Was it ever released what he did? Was it another DUI? I dont remember what his last violation was.
Quote:Was it ever released what he did? Was it another DUI? I dont remember what his last violation was.
I assume it was alcohol. 
Quote:Lol. 'Naive'.

If anything, you guys can call yourselves naive.

Hmmmm....All this talk about how educated and mature you are and the best you can give us is an "I know you are, but what am I?" response?

Nice work, Sport.
TMD, Tommy, what is it with posters who start with a T?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9