Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Saints fan here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
 I would like to talk about a guy named Bob McNair. I believe this is the most dysfunctional team with the first pick ever. The owner does not even know what he wants and do not be surprised if he gives away Clowney for only one first and a number of picks out of the first. This could be a gift for y'all in your future to contend in this division.

The Jags aren't going to give up multiple picks just to move up two spots. I think they'll be happy to stay at 3 and have either Watkins or Mack at their disposal. If anything, they'll move down, not up. Clowney's not a can't miss future HOF player. Tons of talent but who knows if he has what it takes between the ears. He could get paid and fade.
Houston is without doubt taking Clowney.

Quote:I would like to talk about a guy named Bob McNair. I believe this is the most dysfunctional team with the first pick ever. The owner does not even know what he wants and do not be surprised if he gives away Clowney for only one first and a number of picks out of the first. This could be a gift for y'all in your future to contend in this division.

What makes you think the owner is making the pick?
Quote:The Jags aren't going to give up multiple picks just to move up two spots. I think they'll be happy to stay at 3 and have either Watkins or Mack at their disposal. If anything, they'll move down, not up. Clowney's not a can't miss future HOF player. Tons of talent but who knows if he has what it takes between the ears. He could get paid and fade.

I agree. I think Dave Caldwell is tickled pink that he doesn't have to pick first and will be completely happy with whomever he gets at 3.
Quote: I would like to talk about a guy named Bob McNair. I believe this is the most dysfunctional team with the first pick ever. The owner does not even know what he wants and do not be surprised if he gives away Clowney for only one first and a number of picks out of the first. This could be a gift for y'all in your future to contend in this division.
(sigh)

Why is it disfunctional for a team owner to allow his gm and hc to make their pick? It's been said that McNair favors Johnny, Smith favors Clowney, and O'Brien favors Bortles. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we chose Mack #1. Clowney wouldn't be as much a gift to the Jags if they had to trade up for him as he would be if he where still available at their pick. They have had a pretty good offseason and with a strong draft they will contend for the AFCS with or without Clowney.

Quote:(sigh)

Why is it disfunctional for a team owner to allow his gm and hc to make their pick? It's been said that McNair favors Johnny, Smith favors Clowney, and O'Brien favors Bortles. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we chose Mack #1. Clowney wouldn't be as much a gift to the Jags if they had to trade up for him as he would be if he where still available at their pick. They have had a pretty good offseason and with a strong draft they will contend for the AFCS with or without Clowney.
is that a texans fan giving the jags praise Smile
With the latest owner comments out of Texas, it seems pretty obvious now that Houston will take Clowney, unless some team comes up and gives them a big ransom for the pick.  I hope the Jags have zero interest in moving up.  

If I were running the Jags, I wouldn't take Clowney at #3 either. I would get another sucker to pony up for the guy.

Wouldn't trade up for any price. Would only take him at #3 if I couldn't trade it, but I'd try like hell to do so first.

Quote:If I were running the Jags, I wouldn't take Clowney at #3 either. I would get another sucker to pony up for the guy.

Wouldn't trade up for any price. Would only take him at #3 if I couldn't trade it, but I'd try like hell to do so first.

If he's still on the board at 3, they'll have at least one trade partner
Quote:If he's still on the board at 3, they'll have at least one trade partner

prob Atlanta
Quote:prob Atlanta
+1

Atlanta wants him. They are just trying not to give up too much in a deep draft to get him.
One of the TV draft shows (with Willie McGinnest) yesterday commented that Atlanta's Dimitrov probably won't want to pay what Houston may demand for the first pick.  The speculation with this TV group was that Atlanta would likely target Mack with a trade up.    

Quote: I would like to talk about a guy named Bob McNair. I believe this is the most dysfunctional team with the first pick ever. The owner does not even know what he wants and do not be surprised if he gives away Clowney for only one first and a number of picks out of the first. This could be a gift for y'all in your future to contend in this division.
As a lifetime JAGS season ticket holder and a Saints season ticket holder since 1970, I think it should be at least another 35 years before any of us Saint Fan's talks about Dysfunctional Ownership ;-)  I was a Aint's Fan with a Schwegmann's bag for at least a decade. Saint's have come a long, long, way.

HeadSlap

Quote:One of the TV draft shows (with Willie McGinnest) yesterday commented that Atlanta's Dimitrov probably won't want to pay what Houston may demand for the first pick.  The speculation with this TV group was that Atlanta would likely target Mack with a trade up.    

If Clowney is somehow still on the board at 3, Atlanta will be burning up the phones with Jacksonville.
Mayock has Mack ranked number 1 and Clowney 2nd.  Gil Brandt is predicting Mack as the first pick in the draft.  They both could be wrong, but I think the chance Clowney is there at 3 for us to take or trade is a little better than it was a month ago.

Quote:If Clowney is somehow still on the board at 3, Atlanta will be burning up the phones with Jacksonville.

"Hey, Dave!  It's your old buddy Tom!  Yeah, so... what can we do for you to trade up to 3?"
Quote:As a lifetime JAGS season ticket holder and a Saints season ticket holder since 1970, I think it should be at least another 35 years before any of us Saint Fan's talks about Dysfunctional Ownership ;-)  I was a Aint's Fan with a Schwegmann's bag for at least a decade. Saint's have come a long, long, way.

HeadSlap

respect.  a NON-bandwagon saints fan.