Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bob Hoskins; Rest in peace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Passed away at 71 years of age. I'll miss him.

Wonderful talent, who could be as hilarious as he could terrifying. Mona Lisa is a classic.

RIP

Hoskins was a very talented character actor.

As a child of the 80's, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? holds a special place in my heart.

Rest in peace Eddie.

Strange thing is, I never knew he was British. You learn something new everyday.

Quote:Strange thing is, I never knew he was British. You learn something new everyday.

Watch The Long Good Friday. There are scenes in which Hoskins' accent is so thick you can barely understand him. Brilliant film and performance.
Quote:Watch The Long Good Friday. There are scenes in which Hoskins' accent is so thick you can barely understand him. Brilliant film and performance.

After reading up on him, I want to watch that film and Mona Lisa.
Quote:Strange thing is, I never knew he was British. You learn something new everyday.

Oh, I remember being amazed when I heard him speaking in his native tongue after seeing him in several movies.  The guy did a great job of getting into 'murican mode for movies. 

RIP.  Great character actor. 
I still remember him as Krushchev in Enemy at the Gates; simply terrifying.

Quote:I still remember him as Krushchev in Enemy at the Gates; simply terrifying.

He was great at playing bad. RIP
71 just seems so young to die from pneumonia. Sad

RIP
Quote:I still remember him as Krushchev in Enemy at the Gates; simply terrifying.
That was a pretty sweet movie..  Doomsday wss pretty cool too.
Quote:71 just seems so young to die from pneumonia. Sad

RIP

I think he was already in failing health. He had retired from acting a few years back because of Parkinsons.
Quote:I think he was already in failing health. He had retired from acting a few years back because of Parkinsons.

Okay...that makes much more sense to me! My Grams had Parkinson's...nasty disease!
What a fantastic actor. He was one I always enjoyed watching regardless of the movie because he was an island of talent onto himself.