Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Divisional Draft Question: Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Much of the talk on NFL Network involves speculation regarding Atlanta's efforts to trade up to obtain Jadeveon Clowney, who is viewed as a once in a generation type talent at DE.  There is some talk that a Watt-Clowney pairing would be very difficult to block, while other talk suggests Clowney may not be an ideal scheme fit for the Texans' 3-4.  Houston has discussed trade down possibilities, and arguably their biggest need is QB.  This is also considered one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. 

Question:  does the rest of the division benefit by Houston trading out of the #1 overall pick, or do the extra picks in a deep draft make Houston more likely to return to the playoffs even without Clowney?  As a Jaguars, Titans or Colts fan, what would you like to see the Texans do?

If I'm being completely "what is worse for my enemy is best for me", then I want Houston to use the #1 overall and take a bad player. In other words, I want them to get as little value as possible out of their draft and adding picks to their stockpile is adding potential value to their pick.

Do I want to play Clowney twice a season? Not really, no but I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it if things turn out this way. As you stated, it's a deep draft this year so that means that Jacksonville has the opportunity to add value as well. And that particular topic is where most of my attention goes; Let's make our team better, then we'll worry about playing the other guys.

What do I want to see the Texans do?  

Let time expire on the clock, letting the Rams take someone ahead.  The Jaguars then rush up to the podium with their pick (or trade).  Then the Texans finally decide what they want to do -- and draft either Cody Green, or Mister Cobble.  

They should draft and start Logan Thomas day 1...it won't happen but I can dream right?
I just hope that the Texans go QB and the players busts.  We know that a few of the top 5 QB prospects is likely to crash and burn (historically speaking.)  I just hope they are overvaluing one of those guys.