Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Additions: Where do they fit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, outsider checking in for some help on what Bradley is doing with the DL.  Obviously we knew when Bradley came over that he likes those DT/DE hybrids from his time in Seattle and now he's brought some of them over.  I remember there was talk about moving Alualu outside long-term.

So I'm just asking for some info...  where do these guys fit? LE?  RE? UT? LEO only?

Tyson Alualu

Red Bryant

Chris Clemons

Ziggy Hood

Jason Babin

Andre Branch

Thanks in advance, guys.

Bryant will start at LDE, the spot where Alualu was last year. I assume Alualu will be his backup.

Hood will back up Marks.

Quote:Hey guys, outsider checking in for some help on what Bradley is doing with the DL.  Obviously we knew when Bradley came over that he likes those DT/DE hybrids from his time in Seattle and now he's brought some of them over.  I remember there was talk about moving Alualu outside long-term.

So I'm just asking for some info...  where do these guys fit? LE?  RE? UT? LEO only?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Tyson Alualu - Strong side - where the Tight End is - DE

Red Bryant - Rotates with Alualu, with Bryant being the Starter

Chris Clemons - LEO, Starter

Ziggy Hood - Under Tackle, the one who has only one gap to control and his main job is penetration and disruption

Jason Babin - LEO

Andre Branch - LEO

One thing that stands out to me about this list is that there is no clear backup / rotation player for NT where Roy Miller plays. Wouldn't surprise me to see Bradwell go for a space eating DT in the draft.

Quote:Tyson Alualu - Strong side - where the Tight End is - DE

Ziggy Hood - Under Tackle, the one who has only one gap to control and his main job is penetration and disruption

Jason Babin - LEO

Andre Branch - LEO

One thing that stands out to me about this list is that there is no clear backup / rotation player for NT where Roy Miller plays. Wouldn't surprise me to see Bradwell go for a space eating DT in the draft.

The team has shown interest in Notre Dame's Stephon Tuitt.

He would be a good fit.
Quote:Tyson Alualu - Strong side - where the Tight End is - DE

Jason Babin - LEO

Andre Branch - LEO

I like Justin Ellis as a mid-late round space eater.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/j...id=2543812

Mike Pennel as a late round-UDFA type

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/m...id=2543574
Quote:The team has shown interest in Notre Dame's Stephon Tuitt.

He would be a good fit.

Quote:I like Justin Ellis as a mid-late round space eater.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/j...id=2543812

Mike Pennel as a late round-UDFA type

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/m...id=2543574

Tuitt is listed as a late First, early Second player isn't he? How would the team go about acquiring him? Will a trade be necessary?

I've heard of Ellis prior to this but not Pennel. Thanks for the link!
Marks is in that rotation too..

We have too many holes to be spending an early pick on the Dline.

Quote: 

The coaches have spoken highly about Abry Jones, and barring someone taking that backup role, you can probably pencil him in. Of course the draft or another FA signing could change that, but if the season started today, Jones would back up Miller.
Quote:The team has shown interest in Notre Dame's Stephon Tuitt.

He would be a good fit.
Tuitt at NT?
Quote:We have too many holes to be spending an early pick on the Dline.

This!

The D-line has done a 180 from what we had last year (So far on paper). These additions were a huge insurance policy for DC to be able to address the draft with a mindset of going BAP. 

I hope we go WR, QB, or trade down for more picks since DC addressed the D-line (as he did) in the offseason. The rotation now is decent. If anything the Jags need a ball hawk FS and a thumper at LB (maybe two). Poz isn't going to be here forever.