Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 14 early games? Message noted Commishioner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With the 2014 NFL schedule out, the Jaguars have 14 early games. 1 afternoon & 1 Thursday night game. As a fan it makes me feel like the red headed stepchild (sorry gingers) and we don't get to sit at the big people table. Is this a message that the Jags need to draft excitement? Or maybe just start winning?
Draft Manziel, the playmaker, wins will come, respect, national recognition, bandwagoners all over the world.

Quote:With the 2014 NFL schedule out, the Jaguars have 14 early games. 1 afternoon & 1 Thursday night game. As a fan it makes me feel like the red headed stepchild (sorry gingers) and we don't get to sit at the big people table. Is this a message that the Jags need to draft excitement? Or maybe just start winning?

Winning changes everything.
Quote:Draft Manziel, the playmaker, wins will come, respect, national recognition, bandwagoners all over the world.

Draft Manziel, the loser, losses pile up, everyone laughs at the team that took the Smurf.
Quote:Winning changes everything.
This... To bad we cant just rest on the past like the cowboys...

Quote:This... To bad we cant just rest on the past like the cowboys...
Our past was a couple nice playoff runs never ending in anything.

The 'Boys past was 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and an all star team.

just a little bit different, no?
You do know "The Boys" have not won a playoff game in 11 years?

Quote:You do know "The Boys" have not won a playoff game in 11 years?
Just referencing them living on past accolades. Meaning the dynasty years of early-mid 90's.

Whereas we had a Cinderella year, a great year the tacks destroyed, and a lucky run with Garrard in 07.

We can't live on past accolades. they don't compare is all I was saying in reference to JagsFan1's comment
Quote:Our past was a couple nice playoff runs never ending in anything.

The 'Boys past was 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and an all star team.

just a little bit different, no?
No that's what I meant. We don't have a past like the cowboys were we can be crap and get 5 prime time games every year no matter what. They haven't had a deep playoff run since the late 90's.
Quote:No that's what I meant. We don't have a past like the cowboys were we can be crap and get 5 prime time games every year no matter what. They haven't had a deep playoff run since the late 90's.

The Cowboys have an international following based on 50 years of history. We have a regional following mostly based on small success from 15 years ago. We need to win some big ones if we want the same consideration they get.
Quote:The Cowboys have an international following based on 50 years of history. We have a regional following mostly based on small success from 15 years ago. We need to win some big ones if we want the same consideration they get.
I know... That's what I was saying...Resting on there past... They have one to rest on we dont.

Draft Manziel and the Jags will have Mon and Sun night games next season. 

We went 4-12 last year did you expect to be on monday night football and sunday night football 6 times?   If we start winning will be on tv.  If we draft Manziel and start winning will be on national broadcasts all the time.

Be happy we have 1. Sheesh. We ARE the Jaguars, just a reminder.

Quote:We went 4-12 last year did you expect to be on monday night football and sunday night football 6 times?   If we start winning will be on tv.  If we draft Manziel and start winning will be on national broadcasts all the time.

You kids are hilarious

Quote:Be happy we have 1. Sheesh. We ARE the Jaguars, just a reminder.

This^
4-12 last year, and what?------0 winning seasons since 2007? 

I don't have a problem with us getting mostly 1 pm games. Primetime games are earned with winning records. 

What I do have a problem with is the 4 road games in the first 6, including 2 straight to open the season. 

Quote:We went 4-12 last year did you expect to be on monday night football and sunday night football 6 times?   If we start winning will be on tv.  If we draft Manziel and start winning will be on national broadcasts all the time.

only if Manziel wins. 
Quote:only if Manziel wins.

People will still want to see how he does throughout the year. Even if we dont win, if he is playing well, people will watch.
Pages: 1 2 3